Walking In A Winter Wonderland.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought you guys might like to see a couple of pictures I took today while I was out for a walk. These were taken at the edge of the fitness trail that starts just down at the end of my street. I was all in all not a bad day out. A little snowy but not overly cold so thought I would take a little walk to burn off all the cookie dough I ate yesterday when I was making Christmas cookies.

Hope you enjoy them...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How pretty!! We are supposed to get some flurries tonite/tomorrow and a small chance on Tuesday. But the snow belt of northern WI will get the most of it (like what you have in your pictures).

Now will this snow stay or melt??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

How pretty!! We are supposed to get some flurries tonite/tomorrow and a small chance on Tuesday. But the snow belt of northern WI will get the most of it (like what you have in your pictures).

Now will this snow stay or melt??
I might it is a little early for it to stay yet, generally we get our snow that stay around the 1st of December. However, last year we did get snow that stayed around this early. It really depends on how much we get over the next couple of days, and whether it stays below freezing for a few days.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to look at the pictures and am truly grateful that it's somewhere I am not.

Thanks for sharing. They're beautiful.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I wish I was there. There is something so magical and majestic about snow, as long as I am looking at it and not driving in it. Beautiful!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful! I'm not normally a jealous person, but I wish that snow was here! Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I love to look at the pictures and am truly grateful that it's somewhere I am not.

Thanks for sharing. They're beautiful.
Snow always looks best in pictures and not where I have to shovel it.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry. There is no such thing as "not too snowy."

You guys need to mow that white Canadian grass.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So pretty! Can you please send some rain/snow to No. and So. CA?

My favorite weather forecast was when I was back at Cornell before the winter term began. The weather forecast was for flurries. It flurried for 8 inches that day. Same forecast, same 8 inches for 3 days. I don't know about you, but after 3 days of flurries of 8 inches I would say that we had 2 feet of snow.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't that a crazy night, last night? While you guys got all the snow, we had huge pelting rain down here which turned to really slushy snow by early morning.

But, it was great timing for the Santa Clause parade today. They couldn't time the weather more perfectly!

I'm still in denial that winter is coming.
I guess that will change really fast since the extended forecast this week shows snow almost every day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad everyone is enjoying the pictures. It is still snowing quite hard out this evening so will have a lot more to add to what we already have by morning.....Looks like I shoveling again in the morning..

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I left for work this morning I had to brush about 3 inches of snow off my car. When I got near work I noticed there wasn't a bit of snow on the ground. A few kilometres can make a huge difference in this country.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

When I left for work this morning I had to brush about 3 inches of snow off my car. When I got near work I noticed there wasn't a bit of snow on the ground. A few kilometres can make a huge difference in this country.
Oh, I know what you mean! We have a winter storm advisory right now. Where I live we're expecting 2-3 inches but where I work (on top of a mountain) they are calling for a foot! I'm NOT ready for winter.

Great pics though!