My Feral Family

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have trapped an entire feral family. First, I got Ginger Tom, who was around the fields all summer and came to me with an injured paw. I am trying to find him a new family and meanwhile he has taken possession of my daughter's dolls' house (well, at 32 she doesn't play with it any more!)

Then Nutkin arrived, following my Bonaparte home one day. He has been sick with a fever, which explains the bare patch on his tummy where they did an ultrasound. But he is better now and awaiting his new family next Saturday. This pic shows the unusual colouring of his tail and feet.

I had always thought that the tabby that I have seen around the garden was probably his mother, and I trapped her yesterday, when I was really trying to recapture Nutkin himslef after a bid for freedom. She will be spayed next week and then released. But Nutkin and she certainly know each other - he stays near her and she does not react.

I think all the colourings fit, and the coincidence of them being the only ferals around in the summer supports my theory. It is just strange, them all ending up in my house!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! Mom, Dad and baby boy... in from the cold... hmmm... kind of appropriate for the season, don't you think?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jenny, Ginger Tom in the dolls house is THE cutest photo! The look on his face is classic

Nutkin hanging with mum is very cute as well

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look lovely! Agree that the pic of Ginger Tom in the dollhouse is cute

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw the picture of Tom in the dollhouse before I readf the text, and my mind had some problems making sense of it; either that is a giant cat or a very small doorway

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes! Must agree! Dollhouse piccie is just adorable! TCS calendar-worthy - if if fits a category. He is such a handsome boy!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Or you can make a LOLCat out of it.

Caption: "New food extremely nutritious."

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nutkin looks like his mom! They have the same nose/eyes. From the photo, she doesn't really look like the typical tabby I've seen, so it explains Nutkin's unusual look.

It sounds like this family found the right home!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Ginger Tom has my favorite thing in the world a big Melon head. I love the look of an unneutered male head. (too bad it comes with so many other unwanted behaviors)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Nutkin looks like his mom! They have the same nose/eyes. From the photo, she doesn't really look like the typical tabby I've seen, so it explains Nutkin's unusual look.
It sounds like this family found the right home!
I thought the exact same thing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly, they will be split up. Nutkin has an adoptive home for as soon as he is ready. I will release Tabby intot he garden here, so she will stay as an outdoor cat, and I must find a home for Ginger Tom.