Endometriosis-WOMEN ONLY!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my mom had endo when she was my age. I had an ovarian cyst when I was 17, had it surgically removed and was put on birth control. I have had no problems up until about a year ago. My cramps have started getting unbearable. I never had to sleep with a heating pad before and now every month I sleep with one the entire duration of my friend. I also take hot baths. This month, they have been the worst. Last Saturday on my way to work, I had cramping so bad in my stomach by my belly button-where I had pain when I had my cyst-so bad it felt like someone was stabbing me. It lasted about 5 minutes and stopped. I called my OB/GYN on Monday and she was out of town so I spoke with her nurse who told me to take a pregnancy test since I was spotting 5 days before my period and to still come in next Tuesday and that they also wanted to rule out an etopic pregnancy.I also told her I was having lower back pains too. Well I started on Thursday as usual but my cramps are here and with a vengence. Friday I was just about to cry from how bad my cramps were. Thankfully my appointment is Tuesday. I'm nervous about what she will find. I have just felt out of sorts this month. My body just doesn't feel right. I don't know.

Does anyone have endo and how do you cope? And I guess some vibes would be grea that its nothing serious.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have endo, most likely the reason I miscarried
I have had Laparoscopies and it was better for a while after that. That may be your next step if you haven't already had one. Right now I am on a pill that I take for 3 months straight and so on, so I only get periods 4 times a year. It has really helped
My first Lap, the Dr said he couldn't believe I lived with how bad it was
The heating pad was my best friend

There are diets to follow too, which I think one of the things is no dairy products which I can't live without

Many vibes for your appt

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only way to get a definate diagnosis of endo is with a laproscopy. I had one years ago, and it confirmed my suspicions of endo. Heavy periods, painful cramps etc.

The pill did help some with periods. Made them a whole lot lighter, though I still had cramps (not as bad either). Had to quit taking the pill a couple of years ago b/c it was making my BP go up. Right now I take a depo-provera shot every 3 months. I'm not thrilled at the weight I gained, but I have to admit, no periods= happy camper!

Cheryl

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have and it has been so bad the last 3 days.
I get severe cramps with terrible back pain every month.
I wanted to see tso so bad yesterday but decided not to get tickets or go because the pain was so bad. I get golf ball size blood clots and have anemia.
I hope you feel better.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have it, but I have never had any pain from it. My Mother had a hysterectomy when she was in her 30's and when they operated, her Dr. told her that she had it so bad, he couldnt understand why she didnt have severe pain, but she didnt have any, either.

My periods, several years ago, became super super heavy, but still with no pain. I started taking turmeric and my periods are completely normal now. That might be something you might want to check into, from what I understand the more heavy, the more cramps people have.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom has it and both of my sisters have had problems with it. My middle sister who is in her early 30's just had a hysterectomy. She was still trying to get pregnant after her doctors told her she never would and was enduring tremendous pain. It was so bad that they had to open her up instead of the three holes to get all of it out. I was told by my previous doc. that i have a 75% chance of having it because of the fact that my mom had it. My periods have gotten heavier and more crampy the last few years but he put me on birth control and it controlled the heavier periods. I was told to take 2 aleve every morning and every evening though, and it helps. But I think you have to start taking the aleve about 2 days before your period is going to start because sometimes it doesn't help me once the cramps are already started. It has something to do with controlling the hormonal levels so you don't cramp as bad. progesterone or something like that I think is the hormone involved. I've heard that sometimes getting pregnant and having a baby can cure it or make the symptoms less severe. I'm not sure if that's true.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

My mom has it and both of my sisters have had problems with it. My middle sister who is in her early 30's just had a hysterectomy. She was still trying to get pregnant after her doctors told her she never would and was enduring tremendous pain. It was so bad that they had to open her up instead of the three holes to get all of it out. I was told by my previous doc. that i have a 75% chance of having it because of the fact that my mom had it. My periods have gotten heavier and more crampy the last few years but he put me on birth control and it controlled the heavier periods. I was told to take 2 aleve every morning and every evening though, and it helps. But I think you have to start taking the aleve about 2 days before your period is going to start because sometimes it doesn't help me once the cramps are already started. It has something to do with controlling the hormonal levels so you don't cramp as bad. progesterone or something like that I think is the hormone involved. I've heard that sometimes getting pregnant and having a baby can cure it or make the symptoms less severe. I'm not sure if that's true.
I don't know because my mom said her endo got much worse after she had kids. I will definately be keeping my fingers crossed. Back to the heating pad....

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren't you also in the middle of moving? Stress could also cause things to get out of whack, even on BC.

For example, two weeks before my wedding, I started, and I wasn't supposed to (I was a week early). Then (and this figures), on my honeymoon, I started again. So, two periods, just two weeks apart. FUN!

Good luck at your appt!!! I hope it's nothing too serious.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have endo and had an ectopic pregnancy. Clearly get yourself to the doctor on Tuesday, but my guess is that you don't have an ectopic pregnancy right now. You would probably already be in the emergency room by now.

The symptoms: unbearable dizziness to the point that you have to hold onto something just to stand upright, nausea, the feeling of a knife twisting in your gut (not just a knife jab, but a full twist), the inability to stand up straight (bent over pain) and bleeding. This gets worst as the day goes on.

If you start experiencing any of these symptoms, get yourself to an emergency room.

Sending that you get thru this!!

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vibes to you. I too have endo, pcos and a bicornuate uterus. Because of these problems I too suffer unbearable visits. I hope all goes well at your appt.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear you are in pain
get better soon!