Question of the Day Nov 16th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today question deals with chores....

Which is the one outside chore you dislike the most?

I asked this question today because I will be going out to shovel snow shortly. I don't really mind shoveling snow if there is not a huge amount to do. I do hate cutting grass however.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Today question deals with chores....

Which is the one outside chore you dislike the most?

I asked this question today because I will be going out to shovel snow shortly. I don't really mind shoveling snow if there is not a huge amount to do. I do hate cutting grass however.
For me it's pulling weeds, mostly because I'm not much of a gardener and sometimes I can't tell the weeds from the plants!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning outsides of windows. I don't know why, it's not that difficult, just a little time consuming; but I really don't like doing it.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Cleaning outsides of windows. I don't know why, it's not that difficult, just a little time consuming; but I really don't like doing it.
You're supposed to clean the OUTSIDE of the windows too?? (
j/k). Actually we're lucky becuase our windows tilt inward so I don't actually have to go outside to do them. They still only get done for Easter and Christmas.

I really don't do much of the outside work. That's DH's job. Although when he first got his tractor it didn't have a bagger on it so it was my job to rake up the grass into piles...which was a royal pain! (After that we hit E-bay and found a bagger!). I also don't like weeding. Too many bugs. I don't mind shoveling snow though.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait! Am I supposed to do anything outside? I'm a princess. Didn't the outside stuff getting done come as part of my dowry?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not an outdoors person, but I would have to go with anything that involved digging in dirt. Not because I don't like it, but because there are worms *shivers*

When I was able I enjoyed mowing the lawn and shoveling snow, but I can't do that stuff anymore.

spatulahandle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband and kids do all the outside work.I have allergies year round, anything that stirs up dust is my least favorite thing to do because I always end up with sinus problems...it rarely snows here so I never have to shovel snow...now watch it snow.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say washing the windows. We have casement windows and I can barely squeeze my arm through to wash the outside.

We have a commercial mower that I have never used to no problems about mowing!!

The other chore which is a pain is I have many specimen evergreens and other shrubs and roses that I have to wrap chicken wire or put plants guards around and its a pain (esp the roses). I also wrap the raspberry bed with chicken wire too which is a pain.
I have to store all these items and remove in spring. On the other hand if I didn't do this the rabbits would thank me.

The other icky chore is weeding the asparagus patch in the spring and summer.

Snowblowing/shoveling I don't mind except when its windy and the snow blows back in your face.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Taking the garbage to the curb.

I know it's minimal, but I love actual yard work (gardening, lawn, etc.) and I don't mind the snow shovelling...but somehow I never think of the garbage until after I've curled up in bed and have to face the decision of get up, get dressed and haul it to the curb or try to get up before the guys come to pick it up in the morning.

I'll admit: If DH isn't home, the garbage usually waits until next week.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My all time worst chore would be cleaning the stables. The smell of manure has always churned my stomach. Even more so now. ICK!! So If I'm lucky my brother will come and do it for me. Otherwise I am stuck with it.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I do nothing outdoors, my DH does
I don't like dirt or bugs

I will hope if need be but I prefer to clean indoors than out.