ER visit for both Snow and I

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well we will start with Snow since that is where it all really began. Earlier tonight I noticed Snow had a little blood on her backside. I thought maybe my friend's cat had scratched her whilst playing or something so I wasn't too too worried. Well an hour later I hear Snow "screaming" and run in to see what's wrong with her and I noticed a bloody mass on the floor. ICK!!So I immediately put Snow into her carrier called a taxi and went down to the Emergency vet. I had also put the bloody mass into a ziploc to show the vet. Well the vet checked her out. And said that she is pregnant and that the thing on the ground was a kitten that she had aborted. I asked the vet if she would be okay and also if he could tell how many kittens and if they would all be okay. he said that snow is about 5 weeks pregnant. There are 4 more kittens. And the reason she aborted is due to a small abnormality in one of her uteran (sp?) horns which is where the kitten had been. He also said that the other kittens would be just fine. And gave a prescription for a prenatal vitamin so to say for Snow. Just to make sure that she gets all the nutrients she needs for those kittens and herself. To confirm his findings of the 4 kittens the vet did a U/S. Well just as were about to leave the vet, I start feeling really dizzy, seeing black spots and just really off. Well I fainted and paramedics came to take me to the hospital. I came to before they arrived. The vet told me what had happened and said they could keep Snow overnight if I thought it best. I of course said yes. Well the paramedics carted me to the hospital. the doctors there performed blood tests and came to some very interesting conclusions. I am 7 weeks pregnant. YAY!!! well they did the U/S to check for heartbeat and such. Low and behold they see 2 hearts beating good and strong. That's right twins. I cannot wait. Just thought I would share to let everyone my good news.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful coincidence! So is the vet going to look after your pregnancy as well as Snow's?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

What a wonderful coincidence! So is the vet going to look after your pregnancy as well as Snow's?
I couldn't stop laughing at that. No my doctor will be caring for me. As for Snow I will be buying her kitten food tomorrow. The store I go to for her food is not open on Sundays

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations to both you and Snow. Sounds like wee Snow is having a bit more difficulty but then she has 4 and you only have 2.