Addicted to Crime Dramas??

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Before I moved back in with my mom, I watched wrestling. That's it!

One night, I sat down and watched Law & Order: CI with her. That was it! I can't get enough of them now and have withdrawals if I go 2 or more days without seeing one of them!

I watch most of them as we don't have expanded channels. But, I regularly watch Law & Order: CI and SVU, Cold Case, Bones, Criminal Minds and NCIS.

Who else can't get enough of them??

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I watch most of them as we don't have expanded channels. But, I regularly watch Law & Order: CI and SVU, Cold Case, Bones, Criminal Minds and NCIS.

Who else can't get enough of them??
Yup... me and my dad both. We can sit on the phone (different states) and chat about the latest episode of NCIS or SVU... Bad thing is? I got him addicted. I started with MacGyver back in the day... (once it got to reruns, I was not suppose to watch during football season because it was after my bedtime). Then I started watching Law & order.... started telling him about it, and he watched... then JAG with NCIS following soon after. He doesn't like Bones and I don't know if he watches Criminal Minds, but we compare notes on all the others. CSI as well. We love the science aspect. The guns and crime solving help. Neither of us like the two CSI spinoffs...

And who is my 82 year old fathers' favorite character on NCIS? ABBY! The Goth chick... he adores her. My meek, humble senior father LOVES Abby. it cracks me up.

Amanda

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I watch those too. Plus I watch all 3 CSI shows. I would even prefer to watch any number of reruns of the above than most things on mainstream television these days because it seems that mainstream TV now consists mostly of stupid game or reality shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I watch TruTV when I get a chance! I like Cold Case Files & other true cases.
Why are you going to Prague? For a vacation?
Nope...moving there...eventually going to teach english...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Yup... me and my dad both. We can sit on the phone (different states) and chat about the latest episode of NCIS or SVU... Bad thing is? I got him addicted. I started with MacGyver back in the day... (once it got to reruns, I was not suppose to watch during football season because it was after my bedtime). Then I started watching Law & order.... started telling him about it, and he watched... then JAG with NCIS following soon after. He doesn't like Bones and I don't know if he watches Criminal Minds, but we compare notes on all the others. CSI as well. We love the science aspect. The guns and crime solving help. Neither of us like the two CSI spinoffs...

And who is my 82 year old fathers' favorite character on NCIS? ABBY! The Goth chick... he adores her. My meek, humble senior father LOVES Abby. it cracks me up.

Amanda
Oh yeah...forgot the CSI's! I don't watch Miami though.

Abby is my favorite too!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Know what you mean, I am a huge fan of Criminal Minds, however I didn't even start watching it until this year. Good thing that I can get all the old shows on A&E. Also like CSI but sort of gravitate towards CSI New York right now.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love all the Law & Orders!! I also watch Bones, but I don't watch any CSIs

megra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup. Totally addicted to all the CSIs (even Miami although I can't bear David Caruso), most of the Law & Order franchises especially Criminal Intent and SVU plus the show that gave birth to that franchise, Homicide: Life on the Streets. Of the American shows I also like Numb3rs, Bones, Raines and Life. I quite enjoy Cold Case as well. I even like Murder She Wrote and the Mystery Woman series and I loved the Nero Wolfe Mystery series. Then there are the British shows like Morse, Lewis, Poirot, and the various incarnations of Miss Marple (particularly Joan Hickson and Geraldine McEwan). Then there are Det. Chief Inspector Wexford and The Inspector Lynley Mysteries....

You're getting it, aren't you, that I'm a total addict?!

P.S. Beautiful city, Prague. I envy Whisky's Dad

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by megra

Morse, Lewis, Poirot, and the various incarnations of Miss Marple (particularly Joan Hickson and Geraldine McEwan). Then there are Det. Chief Inspector Wexford and The Inspector Lynley Mysteries....
*sigh* Poirot... I'm not a huge fan of Morse, but every time i watch one, I get a little more curious... I love McEwan's Marple... she is SOOO good in that. Oh and Lynley... Love Lynley... Have you watched the Hamish MacBeth series? Not as good (or close to for that matter) as the books they're supposedly based off of, but it's not bad... and Havers from Lynley was on a Series Three episode... I just watched that a couple nights ago on DVD... I was like 'hey, that's Havers!!'

Originally Posted by wyatturpsmom

You missed the Midsommer series!
Can't forget the Midsomer Murders... that's an excellent one... can you tell I love the British shows?

Amanda

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be hooked on Law and Order SVU, Crossing Jordan, Third Watch..etc...but now I have no time for anything!

megra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wyatturpsmom

You missed the Midsomer series!
Oh dear, how could I?!

And yes I liked the weird whimsy of the Hamish MacBeth series with the brilliant Robert Carlyle early on in his career. And I loved the grand guignole of the early Taggart series (before it went on without Taggart himself).

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am addicted too!

Bones, CSI (all 3 of them although I am not as addicted as I used to be), Law & Order, Without a Trace, Criminal Minds, Cold Case... the list goes on!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I am so much a murder/mystery fan. I love any of the PBS mysteries, like Poirot, Ms. Marple, Midsommers, etc.

I also love all the Law and Orders, the CSIs except for NY, Bones, Monk and Psych.

megra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another British series I forgot to mention is Silent Witness. I didn't enjoy the first few series with Amanda Burton, even though I quite like her as an actor. The storylines were too short on the forensic examination and long on the slightly unbelievable procedural side. However, since the major recasting of the show, which happened around Season 8, it has been terrific. The team of William Gaminara, Tom Ward and Emilia Fox works incredibly well (and they are all eye candy for different types - I personally find William Gaminara very toothsome). I don't know if it is shown in the Americas but, if it is, it's well worth a look. I far prefer it to another show of around the same generation, Waking the Dead, which is a British cold case themed show but with a very different style from the American Cold Case.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm ridiculous with these things. I can literally watch crime tv, either fictional stuff like L&O, or the true stuff like Cold Case Files, Extreme Forensics, etc. all day if I let myself. I have no idea what my fascination with it is. My mother is the same way.