Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45
Hope you enjoy your week Natalie.
Here's my questions to start you off.
1. How long have you lived in Canada?
All of my life - over 46 years.
2. How many other States have you visited? What was your favorite?
I haven't travelled much. I have been the North Dakota, Michigan and Minnesota. I can't really say I have a favourite because I really only saw stores when not inside the house or driving.
3. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money?
I've fantasized about this a great deal! I would have my brother $100,000 so that he could pay off his debts and retire. I would give $50,000 to each to my niece and 2 nephews. And I would establish a $50,000 education fund for each of my great niece and 2 great nephews. I would give $10,000 to The Winnipeg Humane Society. . That should leave me with just under $600,000. I would buy a 2 or 3 bedroom home (approx cost $200,000 to $300,000). I would buy a new bed, new couch and a new kitchen table, a non extravagant car (approx $20,000) and put the rest into investments.
4. What is your favorite animal other then cats?
I love all animals. But if I had to pick just one, I'd say bunnies
5. Where would you like to spend your next vacation and why?
I've never really been on a "vacation" so to speak. I've gone to visit friends and family, but no where exotic. I've never really been bitten by the desire to travel to other places. Though next year in the fall if I can manage it, I would love to go visit friends on the West Coast of Australia.
6. What is your favorite vegetable and least fav veggie?
There are least favourite veggies?
I love all veggies and can't get enough of any of them.
7. Are you single or married or something else?
Singe, not involved with anyone currently.
8. Do you have children?
No kids. Never wanted them. My kitties are my kids.
9. Have you met any celebrities and if yes, who were they?
Yes, many. I posted about it in another thread, so rather than repeat it I'll just link to it:
10. Do you think you can keep up with all our questions?
I'll try. I'm working 5 day shifts starting tomorrow, so I may be slow to respond, but I will get them answered mews2much;2473295How long have you had Asthma?
Officially diagnosed in 1995, but I probably had it earlier and didn't realize.Have you ever been to California or the Us?
I have been to a few norther states in the US, but never as far as California. Earthquakes scare me.What do you like about Canada?
1. We are progressive and aren't afraid to pass laws that benefit the people;
2. We tend to mind our own business as a country, which means that we're under the radar when it comes to foreign enemies.
3. Our elections only last a few months
4. We have a pretty National Anthem;
5. We're the second largest country in the world and have lots of natural forest area and even our largest cities don't seem that crowded.What is your favorite food?
Chocolate!Do you like fondue?
Not really. I'd rather have a plate of something in front of me instead of having to mess around with skewers and having to cook bits and pieces as I eat. I don't like chocolate or cheese fondues either. I'd rather have it all dipped and ready to eat instead of fiddling as I want to eat.Do you get Asthma at night?
My Asthma is usually seasonal and/or allergy and/or exercise related. If I'm taking my steroid inhaler I'm pretty symptom free. If I am not on a steroid inhaler and my asthma is triggered by something, it is usually worse at night because I am laying down.What kind of temps to you like?
Mid 20's Celsius is perfect. I don't like extreme cold or extreme hot.
Originally Posted by tierre0
My Turn Now.
What made you decide to be a nurse?
- Honestly? The money. I was getting no where working dead end office jobs. I had no benefits, no savings and lived pay cheque to pay cheque. I made a decision to return to school but because I had bills and knew I couldn't live long on student loans, I knew I could only spend 2 years in school. I also had 2 other criteria that had to be met for the course I would take: job security/mobility and money. My first choice was Radiologist. Second was Dental Hygenist and nursing was last. Radiologists make more money than nurses, but technology isn't the same all over so the ability to relocate would be "iffy". I decided that I really didn't want to look into people's mouths all day. So nursing was it. I have a love-hate relationship with my job.
Who is your favorite actor and actress?
-I don't have a favourite actor/actress. I tend to watch a movie for the storyline, not because of the actors in the rolls. Chances are after I've seen the movie I wouldn't be able to tell you who was in it. I do enjoy watching Johnny Depp though. He's both talented and easy on the eyes
Have you ever travelled outside of Canada?
-Just to a few of the northern states. Never over seas.
What is your favorite gemstone?
-Aquamarine, black onyx, ruby and emerald.
Do you like country music?
- Yes, some. I don't like the old twany sounding stuff. But the music from the 80's onward is ok. Reba McIntyre is my favourite. I saw her in concert. Amazing!
If there was one thing you could change in the world what would it be?
- I would want everyone in all countries to have peace and all work together to make this world a better place for everyone.
Stefan Dion or Steven Harper?
- This is a trick question, right?
The NDP got my vote, so my answer is "neither".
What is your favorite Past-time?
- Working on my art.
Who is your favorite Author?
- Tolkien. He created a whole new world complete with languages and managed to actually make it seem like it's part of our world's current history.
Who is the person alive or pasted on who inspires you?[/quote]
- No one really. I tend to find my inspiration from within myself.