EEK got ran over by a car!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, things have been hard recently so I havn't been online much, instead Ive been working 2 jobs! But heres the lowdown, Eek got ran over a couple days ago, he was rushed to the vet. His face was smashed in and jaw dislocated, his teeth were ground to nothing, his right paw was dislocated while the left paw was declawed! The nails are ground down to bloody nubs but we're thinking they'll grow back!

The vet got his paw reset, it has a quarter sized hole in it too but so far so good!

The bad news, He needs surgery and isn't ready to have it right now. He's still healing and is far too sore to endure a sugery right now. So he is on strong doses of Metacam daily, plus an anti biotic, he can't get around like he use to but he's trying!!

I thought I would ask the good people here for some extra vibes for him, I know most of you know what he's been through already.

My prediction and fears were correct, a cat getting outside sooner or later will lead to disaster. The vet called him the luckiest kitty he's ever seen to have his head hit and to survive it and be able to go home at the end of the night! He's being fed special food, its grool to say the least, it has the consistency of water down apple sauce and doesn't get him full! His cat buddys HoBoJax and BooBoo have been taking good care of him! Making sure he's clean in the areas he can't reach and such! The dog had to be kenneled due to the fact that well, he just dont understand he can't chase the kitty right now!

as Eek grows stronger each day his surgery grows nearer and Im a little nervous to have them play around with his under anesthesia but Im very greatfull he's alive! My daughter took it the worst, she looked at her kitty and was certain it was the end for him and she didn't stop crying until I brought him home from the vet and said he would be okay!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he is getting better but hate that he is on Metacam.
That can cause Kidney problems in cats and my vet would never use the oral form.
I know people that have very sick cats from metacam also.
My vet gave coco a shot of metacam last nov and other meds for pain.
Prayers for your cat to get better.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of from me and the boys! I hope he just keeps on getting better! Poor baby

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed for him - has the vet suggested cage rest?

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I can't even imagine the state he must be in!!

There was a cat here a few years ago that was set on fire and left to die. Someone found him and took him in to my vet, who took care of him and is now the vet's mascot. Her name is Singe and almost one whole side of her face is gone! She has no lip flaps so you see her teeth on one side along with scars from the rest of the surgery on her face. The rest of her body grew fur in so the damage can't be seen.

She is one of the sweetest cats I've known!

to your little one!

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...he is on strong doses of Metacam daily...
glitch- I truly cannot imagine just how traumatic all of this has been for you all.

I do want to do my best to make you aware of the proven and established dangers of using Metacam in cats. Plain and simple: Metacam can destroy a cat's kidneys.

In the US, it is not approved for use in cats. In the UK and Australia where it is, the dosage is restricted to a very "tiny" amount,and, then, only for a very short period of time.

Vets in the US and Canada just don't "get it" and prescribe it willy-nilly with proven disastrous results.

If Metacam is being used for pain relief, there are better alternatives.

If it is being used as an anti-inflammatory to speed healing, my choice would be a slower, but safe, healing process.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow eek is one lucky little guy! here are tons of healing for him. i hope he is through the surgery safely and quickly.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, how awful.

Sending TCS's powerful vibes for a steady, complication free recovery.
Eek

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Eek! What a terrible ordeal for him to go through. I hope he's doing well, and I'm sure the surgery will go very well indeed. Rusty, my dog, was hit by a car almost seven years ago now, and he suffered a head injury as well. The vet said he was incredibly lucky and he had to undergo surgery, and seven years later is still in perfect health.

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I send my best vibes for Eek, I really wish him a good recovery. Maybe being in a cage with limited movements will help him heal better, and I will also be careful for the Metacam.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
!!! Wow! Eek is an amazing kitty. Many, many for Eek! I really hope Eek makes it through the surgery and everything turns out okay. Big hugs for you.

peterpoemercado

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Okay, things have been hard recently so I havn't been online much, instead Ive been working 2 jobs! But heres the lowdown, Eek got ran over a couple days ago, he was rushed to the vet. His face was smashed in and jaw dislocated, his teeth were ground to nothing, his right paw was dislocated while the left paw was declawed! The nails are ground down to bloody nubs but we're thinking they'll grow back!

The vet got his paw reset, it has a quarter sized hole in it too but so far so good!

The bad news, He needs surgery and isn't ready to have it right now. He's still healing and is far too sore to endure a sugery right now. So he is on strong doses of Metacam daily, plus an anti biotic, he can't get around like he use to but he's trying!!

I thought I would ask the good people here for some extra vibes for him, I know most of you know what he's been through already.

My prediction and fears were correct, a cat getting outside sooner or later will lead to disaster. The vet called him the luckiest kitty he's ever seen to have his head hit and to survive it and be able to go home at the end of the night! He's being fed special food, its grool to say the least, it has the consistency of water down apple sauce and doesn't get him full! His cat buddys HoBoJax and BooBoo have been taking good care of him! Making sure he's clean in the areas he can't reach and such! The dog had to be kenneled due to the fact that well, he just dont understand he can't chase the kitty right now!

as Eek grows stronger each day his surgery grows nearer and Im a little nervous to have them play around with his under anesthesia but Im very greatfull he's alive! My daughter took it the worst, she looked at her kitty and was certain it was the end for him and she didn't stop crying until I brought him home from the vet and said he would be okay!
Now this is love for cats. Imagine all the medical support the cat is getting.