TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › She did what I asked her to do?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

She did what I asked her to do?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Yes, I was awake early this morning and Butzie wanted to go out and prowl. I don't usually let her out that early, but she has been especially good at coming back early and one her way to becoming an indoor kitty.

I let Butzie out and tell her to go find a mousey for mommy. 20 minutes later, she is back in with a mouse. Wow! A cat that did what I asked. I must mark this on my calendar!

The mouse is not so happy.
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by butzie View Post
Yes, I was awake early this morning and Butzie wanted to go out and prowl. I don't usually let her out that early, but she has been especially good at coming back early and one her way to becoming an indoor kitty.

I let Butzie out and tell her to go find a mousey for mommy. 20 minutes later, she is back in with a mouse. Wow! A cat that did what I asked. I must mark this on my calendar!

The mouse is not so happy.
I got to ask, was the mouse alive? Back home our cats had a bad habit of bring in live mice into the house to hunt down, sure did make my mother jump
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by othie View Post
I got to ask, was the mouse alive? Back home our cats had a bad habit of bring in live mice into the house to hunt down, sure did make my mother jump
Be glad it was just a mouse, my sister's cat Brady likes to bring in chipmunks..

What a good girl Butzie is she wanted to make sure her mommie had something for breakfast...
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tierre0 View Post
Be glad it was just a mouse, my sister's cat Brady likes to bring in chipmunks..

What a good girl Butzie is she wanted to make sure her mommie had something for breakfast...
The mouse is still alive and Butzie is still hunting it in my bedroom. She is a predator, so I don't want to take the mouse away. I just have my feet up on my chair.

Funny you should mention about chipmunks. My Aunt's late cat, Pussygirl who lived to be 23, loved chipmunks. They live in the Catskills. She was the queen of chipmunk catching. She decimated the population. She always brought them in (she could open the screen door) for my Aunt. Headless.

Mouse and Butzie are still here. She knows where the mouse is but has plopped herself down between me and the mouse so that I can pet her.
post #5 of 10
Wow, can you come and talk to my cats? They totally ingnore me and there are a few things I'd like to get across to the little darlings.
post #6 of 10
That's so cute! Poor mouse though. Do make sure Butzie doesn't eat it, rodents carry all sorts of yucky stuff that may make her sick.
post #7 of 10
Shark and Arwen bring back voles all the time, and I am glad they are dead ones to be honest! Yucky thought, but I'd rather that than live ones
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Butzie is a pampered princess. She would never eat mouse. She wouldn't eat mousse, either, because she just doesn't eat people food. Maybe tuna fish and that's it.
post #9 of 10
Awww Princess Butzie Maybe she fancies that she's teaching YOU how to hunt!
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyWukong View Post
Awww Princess Butzie Maybe she fancies that she's teaching YOU how to hunt!
Of course she is trying to teach me how to hunt! I am so clueless that she just looks at me with those big green eyes and says why can't you learn from me?

Actually, the worst, which I think I already posted so please forgive, was when Butzie came in with a mouse to play with and she flung it into one of the budgie's cages (another story). I told her that she was a good girl for catching the mousey, that she is a great huntress and I wasn't.

I took the cage (birds fly free) into the kitchen, quickly let the mouse outside, and sanitized the cage.

My life is very interesting with budgies that fly free (they were here first with a cat that could care less). With Butzie, it is a cat and bird game. They only do this in my bedroom where the cages are and where Butzie thinks is her main territory is. Butzie will try to catch the birds, only in my presence, just for me to let her out, and the boys have been known to buzz her when they want her out.

Life is very interesting in my bedroom. Funny, only when I am on TCS do they use this behavior!

If you haven't read my post about how Butzie's name is pronounced, it rhymes with tootsie or footsie and is definitely not BUTT zie.

I love all my pets and they love me and we all seem to get along, depending on which of the pets wants to be the King/ Queen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › She did what I asked her to do?