Anyone watching "The Ghost Whisperer"?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe Jim died! I bawled for half of the show last night. But, DH says that's how he wants his wake, only he wants AC/DC played and everyone drinking Miller Lite.

Anyway, what do you think is going to happen now? I'm sorry, I just love this show.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't watch the "Ghost Whisperer" anymore. I was standing in front of the TV one night, holding a homemade pot pie, watching the "Bloody Mary" episode. At the exact instant Bloody Mary reached through the mirror for her face was when Hobo, wanting to check out the pot pie, jumped from the floor to my shoulder, claws and all. I knew, I just knew that the boogie man had hold of me in my living room, and I'm pretty sure I screamed like a little girl.

Haven't watched it sense.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I'm not happy with the turn of events. Their relationship gave a nice dimension to the show that I enjoyed watching.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the show last night. I don't want to spoil it for others who haven't seen this episode, so I'll just say you won't expect to see what eventually happens to Jim at the end of the program.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched a few episodes and always had a little cry as the ghost went into the light, but started back a couple of weeks ago. (Quit back in July after Mom died.)

Anyway, after last weeks episode (Nov.7) I decided I didn't want to watch last night's. My tissue supply is limited.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Watched a few episodes and always had a little cry as the ghost went into the light, but started back a couple of weeks ago. (Quit back in July after Mom died.)

Anyway, after last weeks episode (Nov.7) I decided I didn't want to watch last night's. My tissue supply is limited.
I hadn't watched GHOST WHISPERER in a long time, but decided to watch it last night. Am I the only person who never liked Jim very much?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After last week's episode, I went perusing the IMDb message boards (and not everyone is as nice and polite there as they are here) and found a LOT of folks really PO'ed about Jim presumably dying. I have to say I agree. Many said they've 'jumped the shark' (for anyone who doesn't know that term, it means they've hit their peak and have screwed up so badly the show is most likely doomed), and I tend to agree. We've gotten reassurances from 'higher ups' of the show that he will be around 'for good' but seriously... keeping him as a 'ghost husband' is a really lame idea... for once we had a strong positive example of a TV marriage (no one cheating or beating each other up, etc... also not an example that is too over the top sappy sweet either) and they go and pull this stupidity. I love the show, I do... but unless there's some major and seemingly believable twist, I think the show has done themselves in.

I'm almost afraid to check those IMDb boards now... what with seeing the funeral and all in this week's episode.

Between Ghost Whisperer possibly jumping the shark, and Stargate Atlantis getting axed by Sci-Fi at the end of this season, Friday nights are tanked for me... Seriously, why can't they just LEAVE the good shows alone...

End of morning rant...

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

After last week's episode, I went perusing the IMDb message boards (and not everyone is as nice and polite there as they are here) and found a LOT of folks really PO'ed about Jim presumably dying. I have to say I agree. Many said they've 'jumped the shark' (for anyone who doesn't know that term, it means they've hit their peak and have screwed up so badly the show is most likely doomed), and I tend to agree. We've gotten reassurances from 'higher ups' of the show that he will be around 'for good' but seriously... keeping him as a 'ghost husband' is a really lame idea... for once we had a strong positive example of a TV marriage (no one cheating or beating each other up, etc... also not an example that is too over the top sappy sweet either) and they go and pull this stupidity. I love the show, I do... but unless there's some major and seemingly believable twist, I think the show has done themselves in.
I quite agree with the positive example of a marriage. It was so refreshing and I was looking forward to seeing them have a baby. I know the show at its heart is a ghost show but really. I was also disappointed when the first shop assistant died. I can't remember her name. Are the writers just not creative enough to write episodes that can keep us talking without resorting to killing off the intergral characters for the shock factor. There are just too few shows for me that don't rely on violence, sex or other gimmicks to keep my interest.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only watch it sometimes. Someone else in my household records it so once in a while I watch it. I didn't see that episode but when I heard they killed off her husband I was very annoyed at the turn of events.
I did see the last 5 minutes or so of yesterday's episode and I did not like what they did at all.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I can't watch the "Ghost Whisperer" anymore. I was standing in front of the TV one night, holding a homemade pot pie, watching the "Bloody Mary" episode. At the exact instant Bloody Mary reached through the mirror for her face was when Hobo, wanting to check out the pot pie, jumped from the floor to my shoulder, claws and all. I knew, I just knew that the boogie man had hold of me in my living room, and I'm pretty sure I screamed like a little girl.
Mike i'm laughing so hard here after reading that because i have a mental picture of you screaming like a girl

I havent seen it for ages, but i'm going to start watching it again now

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Mike i'm laughing so hard here after reading that because i have a mental picture of you screaming like a girl

I havent seen it for ages, but i'm going to start watching it again now
Not to mention the vision of pot pie bits flying all over the place.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do watch the show. In fact I look forward to it. I really hate the fact that Jim is "dead." And, aside from all the ranting, where the heck was Melinda's mother? She wasn't at the funeral.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch it and I really don't know what to think. It was never a really good show to me just a decent one so I guess in a way I am not to bothered. I am hoping that Melinda finds out she is pregnant.