Saturday!! What are Your Plans?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Well our mild rainy day of yesterday has turned into a cold and snowy day today. Lots of the white stuff flying around out there this morning.

I decided since the weather is not conducive to outside activities it would be a great day to do my Christmas baking.

I started early and already have a batch of chocolate wafers cooling and one in the oven. With them I am making snow ball cookies this afternoon.

I also doing chocolate macaroons and some chocolate chip with pecans(my brothers favorite)

So that should keep me busy most of the day...

The kitties are good, watching the snow right now, I surprise Linus doesn't get whiplash trying to track the individual flakes that hit the window.
Silly boy.

Everyone have a great day...

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm coming to your house......lol!

Is damp here this morning, which does absolutely nothing good for my lower back and hips.....and the temp is supposed to drop all day to around freezing tomorrow morning...yay for cold weather!!!

I got my tree up yesterday, and since its still up today, I think I'm going to dig my decorations out of storage and start decorating....slowly....garland today.....ornaments in a few days.......with four less than a year old kittiens this could get interesting!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

I got my tree up yesterday, and since its still up today, I think I'm going to dig my decorations out of storage and start decorating....slowly....garland today.....ornaments in a few days.......with four less than a year old kittiens this could get interesting!!!
That my friend is an understatment.....good luck....

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow you guys are on a roll... I have yet to even think about Christmas stuff!! Although family tradition is no Christmas stuff until after my moms birthday (dec 6th) LOL! So I got a while to plan.

As for me its cold and rainy today with a chance of snow tonight. I dont like the cold or the snow! I am house sitting for my aunt so I have 3 schnauzers and 2 american eskimos running around. But I do miss my kitties!

And I plan on going out to the mall later to get my paycheck and get our tickets for the Magical Night of Giving on Sunday. Plus I woke up early and have already went to the bank, post office and the grocery and had lunch. Its a good morning!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

That my friend is an understatment.....good luck....
Lol, tell me about it.......I'll let you all know how it goes in a bit.....first have to unpack the ornaments and such.....they've been stored in a shed since Christmas 2003 or 2004, and we discovered earlier this year that it had a leak.....I know one box of stuff has some mold, because it was broken, but the others are sealed very tight.....cross your fingers guys, or otherwise I'm going to have to ask for hints on washing garland, lolol!!!!!!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just going with the flow today. I may be sending off my Secret Santa package today or maybe not.

I let Butzie out a little earlier than usual and told her to bring me a mousey. She came in about 20 minutes later with a live mousey. It is keeping her occupied and decrease the rodent population. I fell a little sorry for the mouse, but not that much.

We are going out to lunch today and having bread, wine and cheese tonight. I am going to make homemade chopped chicken liver, too.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy, cold, and blustery here, too, so I plan to get a start on stringing Christmas presents.

Kitties are all curled up on their fleece blankets. I guess I should displace them and get the blankets in the wash. I'm not saying my two shed a lot...

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to a furniture store, we may possibly but a new recliner. The one we have now is falling apart. I'm also going to go to Burlington and try to find a good winter coat as the one I have now is not warm enough for Chicago winters. I'm hoping to stop at this Japanese marketplace/mall on the way if there is time. I want some mochi!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is my only day off, so I have to spend it doing laundry.

EDIT: I decided to take a last minute trip to the library to return some books and pick up ones that were on hold for me. It was either today or Tuesday after work, and I'd rather just come home after work than go to the library. hehe

Nap time now

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well started painting this morning about 7 ish, then some picking up and dishes before we hauled in about 40% of the wood we need in the basement. Ate then painted final coat and went outside to start putting plant protectors around 50 plants-more yet to do.
Saw a doe on our property about 150 ft away-stay over there and munch don't touch my good stuff.

Neil went to a HS playoff football game with a friend so I have the house to myself.
Temps not too bad about 40F with little wind but some flurries predicted for tonite/tomorrow.

Think I'll make pancakes for supper.