"The Wizard Of Oz" Is On!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never get tired of this movie. I think I watch it every time it's on. I think I've been watching it for 50 years!

I turn into a mushy puddle on the floor when Judy Garland sings "Over The Rainbow". It's so simple and innocent. *sigh*

I'm gone now.....will be stuck in front of the TV watching this tonight.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I LOVED that movie-until I saw Wicked on Broadway on Tour. You really get to see the witch's side of the story.

It is still my favorite movie ever though but from a different view

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

You know, I LOVED that movie-until I saw Wicked on Broadway on Tour. You really get to see the witch's side of the story.

It is still my favorite movie ever though but from a different view
Yup. I saw Wicked. It was wonderful. And I thought it was a unique view of the witches' lives. Really interesting and entertaining.

But I find I can totally separate it from the 1938 movie. Probably because the movie has always held such a place in my heart.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught the second half of it last night! I just love that movie! When I was little for some reason they also showed it around easter so through the whole thing I was craving a white chocolate easter bunny to gnaw on.
DH just laughted at me becase I could practically recite the whole thing along with the cast.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw The Wizard of Oz when I was about 12 and really, really hated it. I've had far too many nightmares and night terrors as a child... it was just like a one of those and lasted about as long.

My (late) FIL is the only other person I've ever met who felt the same way and I know I am in the minority!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I saw The Wizard of Oz when I was about 12 and really, really hated it. I've had far too many nightmares and night terrors as a child... it was just like a one of those and lasted about as long.

My (late) FIL is the only other person I've ever met who felt the same way and I know I am in the minority!
Good, I'm glad that I found someone else who feels the same way about it I do.