moms & moms-to-be: question about diet

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok. I'm NEARLY past the 6 week pregnancy mark (significant for me, since I miscarried at 6 weeks about 5 months ago), and I'm cautiously optimistic that everything will be fine. I am experiencing some things this time around that weren't an issue the last time, and I'm looking for advice/ input from y'all!

I've been dealing with quite a bit of indigestion and bloating lately, and can't quite figure out what's causing it. I also can't tell if I've started to show yet, or wether this is due to my stomach and belly going "what's going on here??", because my jeans are feeling they shrunk in the wash.

Are there any foods I should avoid or concentrate on? I'm mostly vegetarian, so I don't get that much meat in my diet. I know to avoid caffeine, chocolate (whimper), most beans and sprouts, and carbonated drinks.

Pleeease don't tell me I have to stop having pasta or sushi, 'cause that'll be a hard pill to swallow!

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sushi is out, unless it's vegetable. Beans are fine--don't know why you think you should avoid them.

Since you are around 6 weeks, morning sickness will probably crank into action soon, and you'll just be happy to find ANYTHING that you can get down/keep down for the next couple of months.

Just try to have a good diet consisting of a wide variety of healthy foods. Also, do lots of internet research for ideas of being healthy, preg, and veg.

Congratulations!!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by thh20

Are there any foods I should avoid or concentrate on?
From reading your post you very much need to talk to registered dietian that is very experienced dealing with pregnant women and their diets to help you and your baby.
Congrats

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

From reading your post you very much need to talk to registered dietian that is very experienced dealing with pregnant women and their diets to help you and your baby.
Congrats
they are the most qualified to help you