Cat Furniture on E-bay

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any experience (positive or negative) buying cat furniture
on e-bay?

I've looked and the prices seem attractive, but I'm concerned about the quality.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a bad experiance. The cat tree stunk of whatever chemical they used to bond the stuff together and it had grey gunk around the corners which i assume was the foul smelling adhesive stuff. It had drawer liner stuck to the interior as a backing instead of carpet. The holes didn't line up to put the screws into so it was completely unusable anyway. No that I would because it was dangerous for the cats with jagged edges and who knows what that smell was from! It was crazy horrible!

Just make sure you are getting a tree that has a brand name associated with it like 'armakat' or something. So you don't get someones homemade idea of a cat tree. This person I bought from had alot of purchases made from them and positive feedback too so don't think that matters.

I know alot of people have had good experiances though, so maybe they can point you to a reputable seller!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got an Armarkat condo on ebay. They were new. I also checked the seller's regular store web page. It was cheaper to buy on ebay with shipping instead of direct from seller with free shipping.

It went together in a snap too...and I am not good at those things.

I wouldnt buy a used one - b/c I think previous kitty smells would drive Smidge nuts.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i got an Armarkat tree on eBay from the seller petisfun [weird name, i know!] & have been quite pleased with it. i only paid $21 for it - altho shipping was $50, so my total was $71. definitely check out shipping prices before placing your maximum bid!

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought a cat tree on ebay... small (non armorkat) tree...42", w/ a cubby on bottom, duel poles supporting a single shelf, then a single pole supporting the top shelf.

Pros:
New, in box
Easy to assemble
I got it for $25 (5 for the tree, 20 for shipping! ) (I have since seen the tree for $20 and shipping for $20)

Cons:
carpet is thin and there are some exposed staples on undersides of shelfs and in cubby
Not very stable
Shelfs are smaller than I thought they would be (the ad didn't give dimensions)

If you are going to buy one off ebay...basically the only downside is that you can't see/feel the tree for yourself to see how stable it is or how good quality it is. I'd suggest going w/ a name brand that lists specifics in the ad like shelf sizes, max. weight per shelf and total, etc. And by all means check the seller's feedback.

One more note...look for a tree w/ multiple support posts per shelf (or a tree with real wooden supports) to help stability-wise.

For myself...the tree has lasted OK (I've had it for about 10 months now)..But that's about it. I really need to get a new one and I'll more than likely be getting a lotus or similar that has replacable shelfs and involves wood (so isn't as rickity). Sure, it'll cost more, but hopefully will last a lot longer.

EDIT: Here's a link to a tree on ebay that looks like the same model as mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/42-Cat-Tree-Cond...1%7C240%3A1318

Art

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought one on ebay. Brand new, huge and great price. Fast shipping, some assembly but it wasn't hard. My cat loves it. It has been very durable. My cat is 5-6 lbs though.
But is rough with it and is all over it on a daily basis.

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I swear in the past there used to be a specific seller that everyone recommended, but I can't find the link now.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lovemypets81

Just saw this thread on here. Armarkat has their own store on ebay i discovered. And it is a wee bit cheaper than on their regular website. I cant decide which one I like yet though. i kinda like this one...but can imagine it being covered in black kitty fur in no time haha!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Armarkat-Cat-Tre...742.m153.l1262
I own 2 Armarkat trees off Ebay......my 6 cats including 5 Ragdolls love them. I have had them for 2 years and they are a quality product for the money

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Just saw this thread on here. Armarkat has their own store on ebay i discovered. And it is a wee bit cheaper than on their regular website. I cant decide which one I like yet though. i kinda like this one...but can imagine it being covered in black kitty fur in no time haha!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Armarkat-Cat-Tre...742.m153.l1262
well, if that's an issue, try one of these, instead!
brown
navy 1 [i have this one, btw]
navy 2 [not quite as tall...]

lovemypets81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my so many to choose from. Heh.

I think i like the biggest one,might as well for the money.
b6802

i think i can live with black fur all over it.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

awesome thanks for telling me. what models do you have?
Here is one of the models I bought. I bought them off of a seller named "aerocattree"
Here is one of her listings http://cgi.ebay.com/Armarkat-Cat-Tre...3A1|240%3A1318 I had a broken part in one of my boxes (it came from the factory that way) I contacted her about it and she immediately sent me out a replacement part to replace it within days for no charge and no questions asked
so I would recommend her for sure. Good luck with your purchase

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh my so many to choose from. Heh.

I think i like the biggest one,might as well for the money.
b6802

i think i can live with black fur all over it.
That's a nice one. I might get something like that once I move. My boy would
it!

lovemypets81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm thats the one i want! I thinkys this is the same person selling it. Both say ships from elizabeth nj and shipping is exactly the same lol. So good to know that they are a good seller and stand behind their product. Im bidding on that exact one you have. Its over in a few minutes i hope i win! Else now i know there are more to bid on! I got outbid once, i better not get outbid again lol. I get so mad when that happens. Go bid on someone elses tree haha. Plenty of them out there,ya dont need mine. Do ya?? Well hopefully i will win. Ill let ya know. thanks.