Baltimore Cat Show in December

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I booked my flight and rental car to go to Baltimore Dec 5-7. I'll be picking up my new Mau girl, a 2 year old silver with an amazing pedigree, while I'm there. It's a CFA show, my first of that registry, so I am really looking forward to it. Also, it will be the first show I have attended with actual Maus present! They are very rare on this coast, which is both good and bad for me. I won't have much competition, but then I don't get to see Maus in person very often.

Looking forward to meeting with some TCS'ers as well as some Mau breeder friends I have met through emails in my Mau journey.

Will take lots of pictures!

Any advice or tips for transporting a cat in the plane cabin are appreciated. I'll be getting a soft-carrier for her.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I still lived in Maryland, I would be attending the show with whatever I had to show
Good luck. You'll like it - its a good show and a lot of fun. I think its the Santa Paws show???

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If I still lived in Maryland, I would be attending the show with whatever I had to show
Good luck. You'll like it - its a good show and a lot of fun. I think its the Santa Paws show???
Santa Paws - Sounds like it! I really wish I had more time to spend in the US besides the week I'll be there...I'd really love to take in at least one or two more shows!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish you could take in that show as well!
I'll be at that show (I try to NEVER miss a Maryland show) and probably Moorestown CF's the weekend before.

dorabella's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

I booked my flight and rental car to go to Baltimore Dec 5-7. I'll be picking up my new Mau girl, a 2 year old silver with an amazing pedigree, while I'm there. It's a CFA show, my first of that registry, so I am really looking forward to it. Also, it will be the first show I have attended with actual Maus present! They are very rare on this coast, which is both good and bad for me. I won't have much competition, but then I don't get to see Maus in person very often.

Looking forward to meeting with some TCS'ers as well as some Mau breeder friends I have met through emails in my Mau journey.

Will take lots of pictures!

Any advice or tips for transporting a cat in the plane cabin are appreciated. I'll be getting a soft-carrier for her.
wow I would love to meet You there. Thanks for posting My boyfriend's Love of maine Coons Guarantees Our Tickets.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know if any Ocicats show up - I know Jack's breeder will not be there, but there are some other Oci's in the area that might come up.

Charlie's breeder is campaigning Ditto (her 6 month old kitten). I got to meet him at 4 months and he's got OUTSTANDING spotting pattern. He also got Best of the Best (top scoring) kitten at the International.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I met Ditto and his breeder(s)!!!! What an awesome little boy! As soon as I've recovered from the very long flight I took I'll post pics...don't know if I got any of Ditto though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I leave tonight! Need to get down to Seattle for a 6am flight out. It's so much cheaper to leave from the states that it's worth it to do the extra drive. I'm pretty excited. There will be a nice range of Maus for me to see, plus I have been invited as a guest to the judges dinner on Saturday night! AND.... I pick up my new Mau girl, GC Mautrix Skylark. Tsekani is going to be one happy boy.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're getting a Mautrix???!!!! OMG how awesome for you! What a great cattery to get a cat from! I met a couple of Mautrix cats at the internationals....awesome, really really awesome!

have a great show!

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I KNOW!!! I haven't been saying anything as I wanted to make sure it was all set up, but I have the contract now. She is by an Emau boy... a boy with his Distinguished Merit certification! I am so lucky to have met the right people.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it weren't for this board I'd be some kind of silly backyard breeder without a clue. I have learned so much from you all over the last year and a half.

I'm still new, but I have made some great contacts at the shows I have been to and I have a pile of mentors to help me out. This is something I have wanted to dor for decades and it's so exciting to have things falling together.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not showing this time. I am just a spectator and will help as a gopher as needed. It will be really nice to just view cats this time and not fret over which ring I'm up in.

dorabella's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

I'm not showing this time. I am just a spectator and will help as a gopher as needed. It will be really nice to just view cats this time and not fret over which ring I'm up in.
we were There Today 130 To 330. We were the Lone Black couple At the time :^) my s.o. Passed The time showing Off our massive Maine Coon Mix And i was enamored With persians And very exquisite American shorthairs. I saw a group Of 3 with maus And Was Told I Missed_You_:-(. We were inspired To enter our 30-pounder At A show in the household Category In the future. It was great fun!!! I plan to attend More shows In the future.

dorabella's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FerrisCat

I wish you could take in that show as well!
I'll be at that show (I try to NEVER miss a Maryland show) and probably Moorestown CF's the weekend before.
oh Wow I missed This post, Hope to see you at another Show..

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dorabella's mom

oh Wow I missed This post, Hope to see you at another Show..
LOL, I actually have to take back my words, I wound up missing this show due to kitten drama! It was a crazy weekend, but things will be settled down in time for the next show. There are several shows in the Baltimore area throughout the year

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WOW! I am just back now. Skylark is cruising my bedroom, sniffing and being generally spooky, but not too bad. We had some bonding time on the 2 hour ferry ride, and she slept on my chest as I slept in the back seat. I woke up to find her head under my neck. She is gorgeous.

I got there Friday evening, but with the travel and time change I discovered TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and zonked out watching Meet me in St Louis. I wsa up early Saturday and went to the show. Laurie from Mautrix was master clerk and Melanie from Emau was in judge training. I talked to them briefly and met Skylark, but they were beyond busy so I went and explored the show. No Ocicats
But a couple of stunning Havana Browns caught my eye.

I met Linda from Bacamamdit and Jill of Hajja. I also met a lot of pretty smoke and silver Maus..

I did talk to quite a few people, and even had one lady ask if I knew Edwin from Nanaimo, Canada, and I actually did. It's a darn small world we live in.

Saturday night I was invited to dinner with the judges and I had some authentic steamed Maryland-style prawns and a crab cake. I visited with Melanie and Laurie at her place and met Skylark's feline family. I can't wait to have a pile of Maus underfoot.