High Strung Kitty

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you do when your kitten needs a kitten but you really cannot afford another cat? It doesn't matter how much we play with him (FDH plays with him several times a day), how many toys he has, etc. He's a holy terror. A lot of times I can't even handle being in the same room as him because he's insistent upon destroying my work, climbing on my head, biting, eating things he should not. He's in constant need of attention. Even our other cat needs his own space to escape the wrath of a bored Gus. When we visit my futureIL's they have a cat that will wrestle with Gus for hours on end, and the rest of the time Gus is well behaved. It would be ideal if we could get him a friend with his kind of energy level, but that's just not an option. I'm afraid he WON'T be growing out of this anytime soon as he's already a year old. What can we do?

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you have "Da-Bird"? I also have a high energy cat who is 2, but after a good solid playtime of Da-bird-he is ready to settle down for a few hours. Hope this helps

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KRZ

Do you have "Da-Bird"? I also have a high energy cat who is 2, but after a good solid playtime of Da-bird-he is ready to settle down for a few hours. Hope this helps
We don't have "Da Bird" but we do have a similar toy with feathers on a string that we play with him with. It doesn't slow him down for long!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It helps here a little, but I know exactly what you mean, take a guess who I am entertaining as I type!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, looks like I'm not the only one at a loss for ideas here!