9-point buck, in my backyard! (sorry no pics)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glanced out the window over the kitchen sink and there was an adult male deer sauntering across the lawn in the back. I think in the 40+ years my family has lived in this house, I don't recall EVER seeing a buck. Does and fawns, yes. Sometimes young males with little nubby antlers, but not this.

I was so excited that I ran outside WITHOUT MY CAMERA!! (Of course!
)

When he noticed me he took off. Shucks! Neighbor saw him too. That's who said he was a 9-pointer.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an 8-point buck who lives in the neighborhood and I live in suburbia. Okay, a quiet part with lots of trees and stuff. My brother wanted to come visit me but there is no shooting allowed here.

We always have fawns here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyLoneWolf

Lucky you! We get deer in the backyard occasionally, but they're usually does or button bucks; never a big guy like that!
The backyard is definitely part of the "deer highway" in this neighborhood... there is cover and wild MULBERRY BUSHES!! Yum, yum! So I have been seeing deer my whole life. as you said, mamas, babies, young males, but not a big dude!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We see deer alot out behind our house. It's really cool. We live up by a protected part of the city where there are is an arboretum and they go there quite often and it's right behind us. So in the winter especially, we can see them about 4 or 5 am trouncing around eating off the trees, or any food we "happen" to leave for them.