That's MY litterbox

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just adopted two rescue kittens on Monday. They're so funny, when I go in to clean their litter box they trot up behind me and sit in it until I go away. If I can get them distracted (with breakfast or dinner, depending on the time!) I clean it out really quickly, and when they realize what I'm doing they wait behind me until I'm done, then go immediately to it and use it, as if to restake their claim

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least they wait until you are done.
Two of mine love to contribute while I am scooping.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Lion helps me that way. He follows me around from one litter box to the next, poking his head under my arm to see what I'm doing, or sitting in the litter box waiting for me to scoop it out from under him.

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harley likes to wait until I've vacuumed the kitchen floor around her litter box. While I'm off putting the vacuum away, she proceeds to dig like crazy and deposit another mountain of litter everywhere!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chloe does this ALL the time!

She watches me clean it, and then when I'm done and put new litter in it, she marches right in and uses it. Every single time.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyLoneWolf

Harley likes to wait until I've vacuumed the kitchen floor around her litter box. While I'm off putting the vacuum away, she proceeds to dig like crazy and deposit another mountain of litter everywhere!
Your harley and my pixie would have a ball together it would be mountains of litter everywhere.

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

Chloe does this ALL the time!

She watches me clean it, and then when I'm done and put new litter in it, she marches right in and uses it. Every single time.
Hehe, same with Niko. The second I'm done, he has to go and 'replenish the supplies'. :p I keep his litter box at the end of a long hallway by my back door, and every time I'm scooping, he's at the other end peeking around the corner. Each time I glance back to see what he's doing, he's just a little bit closer than he was before.. like he's stalking me. Sometimes, I even have to keep him at bay or he'll sit right in the scooper in mid-sift.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh you are so lucky they wait for you. as soon as snow sees me changing her box she has to jump right in and just sit there till i move. i only do the litter box now around her mealtimes. then i at least get it scooped before she climbs back in

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are right there around scooping too! Oh, it's so exciting and how come had that urge hits right then - outta the way!

The funniest thing is that when traveling or having to isolate someone, it's the MOST EXCITING thing to go into the potty that is somewhere unusual. When boys see me carrying an extra litter box to another location, their tails go up and I have an immediate entourage. It's hard to sneak around when the potty is meant for a patient whose 'output' one is supposed to monitor! Everyone is there to line up to make sure they get to go to the 'hotel toilet'. Even when it's the smallest kitty pan, the biggest tubby makes sure his big hind gets squeezed in for a quick whiz.