Adding links to my posts--with titles

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
How do I put a link in a message with a title or something that just says "click here"? I can add links, but they always show up with the full URL in the message. I know it can be done because I've seen many posts with the links set up that way. I must be missing a step somewhere.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The coding looks like this but with NO spaces [url = www.enter url here.com]Click here[ /url ]

Or, you can use the button in the advanced reply. It's a globe with a chain link under it and says "Insert Link" when you hover over it. It will automatically enter the above coding only instead of click here it will have the url. Just replace the(2nd) url with what you want it to say.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another way to do this is to ensure that you have already selected and copied your URL.

Then, in the post that you are writing, type the text that you would like like to be clickable text.

Having done that, now highlight that text with your cursor and click the little icon at the top of this posting box that looks like a the earth with a little chain link underneath.

This will bring up a new box that lets you insert a URL - paste the URL that you selected earlier into this box and click OK.

When you go back to the post that you are writing, you will see that your highlighted text has now changed colour and become a clickable link.

Hope I haven't confused you

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Another way to do this is to ensure that you have already selected and copied your URL.

Then, in the post that you are writing, type the text that you would like like to be clickable text.

Having done that, now highlight that text with your cursor and click the little icon at the top of this posting box that looks like a the earth with a little chain link underneath.

This will bring up a new box that lets you insert a URL - paste the URL that you selected earlier into this box and click OK.

When you go back to the post that you are writing, you will see that your highlighted text has now changed colour and become a clickable link.

Hope I haven't confused you
Just to make things more confusing, I have to point out that the above method doesn't work for everybody. If it doesn't, you'll probably have to do the following: 1) remove "http://" from the box that pops up, and 2) use "control" and "v" to enter the url.