TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › Mini Dachshund Puppies arrival!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini Dachshund Puppies arrival! - Page 2  

post #31 of 59
Your babies are beautiful!I have a longhair dapple,standard size,and we just adore him.I was given pics of him from birth til right before we got him and I wondered if he would ever grow into his nose!But he did,and he's a gorgeous boy!All my cats love him and he loves them,too.
post #32 of 59
Thread Starter 


1 week old today, Look how precious. We're keeping the girl and naming her Apple.
post #33 of 59


Oh my goodness!!!!! How sweeeet!!!
post #34 of 59
Very cute! I love dachshunds (Why I have 7).

Can I ask (Because I don't know) what is her story as to why she got pregnant? Did you purposely breed her? if so why?

Dachshunds are the 5th most popular breed in the U.S and are VERY overbred. There are TONS and TONS of homeless dachshunds. And a TON of backyard breeders of the breed I love the most.
post #35 of 59
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone

Here are more pics..




and for more just follow this link http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/ASCDachshund/
post #36 of 59
No answer to my question?
post #37 of 59
Thread Starter 
I tried to avoid you because "everyone" and their mom has their own ideas & judgments on how things should or should not work. I am not really interested in debate on a forum I enjoy and have fun on.

However:

1. I bred Bella because I wanted to
2. I bred her because I could afford to ( vet bills and all )
3. I bred because she had qualities that I felt were great. Breeding is to better the breed, not for quantity, or money.
4. Lastly, all of my pets have homes, even if they are sold and 6 years later the owners can't care for them... My home will ALWAYS be their home - Open arms.

I understand the responsibility when breeding, and I take it all. I have done my fair share of research. I know this "topic" all too well and each time it gets heated so I would rather it die down with my reply to yours.

Thanks
post #38 of 59
I know very little about breeding, whether it be about dogs or cats. But I do firmly believe that with any popular breed, whether that be Persians or Bengals or Meezers or Doxies or Rotties or whatever the breed of the year is, there are good breeders and bad. The good ones do their research on the breed, know the histories and geneology of their breeding pairs and do it for the betterment of the breed. If that hadn't happened when Dalmations and GSDs were so overbred by bad breeders who were in it for the money that many of the lines were tainted with genetic issues and diseases then we probably wouldn't have these breeds around now.

I'm just saying that we need to place the blame where the blame lies - with the BYBs - and support those that are doing right by the breed. However, especially with the popular breeds these are legitimate questions to ask, even though I'm sure it gets tiring for the good breeders to have to answer them over and over again. If you're doing it for the right reasons (and IMO I think she is), then the breeders have to view it with patience and understanding that the questions are asked with the best intentions and love for the breed.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer them. Because it allows me to appreciate the pictures of these precious babies on many levels and not *just* because they are adorable, which they are.
post #39 of 59
Oh, my.....that picture of the two of them all curled up on their backs is so precious!! Can't wait until their eyes are open!
post #40 of 59
Oh my, they are so adorable. Momma looks so sweet & loving with her puppies!!
post #41 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
I know very little about breeding, whether it be about dogs or cats. But I do firmly believe that with any popular breed, whether that be Persians or Bengals or Meezers or Doxies or Rotties or whatever the breed of the year is, there are good breeders and bad. The good ones do their research on the breed, know the histories and geneology of their breeding pairs and do it for the betterment of the breed. If that hadn't happened when Dalmations and GSDs were so overbred by bad breeders who were in it for the money that many of the lines were tainted with genetic issues and diseases then we probably wouldn't have these breeds around now.

I'm just saying that we need to place the blame where the blame lies - with the BYBs - and support those that are doing right by the breed. However, especially with the popular breeds these are legitimate questions to ask, even though I'm sure it gets tiring for the good breeders to have to answer them over and over again. If you're doing it for the right reasons (and IMO I think she is), then the breeders have to view it with patience and understanding that the questions are asked with the best intentions and love for the breed.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer them. Because it allows me to appreciate the pictures of these precious babies on many levels and not *just* because they are adorable, which they are.


Thank you
post #42 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
I appreciate you taking the time to answer them. Because it allows me to appreciate the pictures of these precious babies on many levels and not *just* because they are adorable, which they are.
I can't help but wonder too when I see pics of people's puppies and kittens.
I'm glad you're such a responsible breeder, and thanks for posting their pictures.
The puppies are so adorable I want to squeal out loud!
post #43 of 59
Have your dogs been GENETICALLY tested (Not checked over by a vet, but HEALTH CERTIFIED). If not, you are NOT bettering the breed. You are just breeding because you you have a female dog.
post #44 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
Have your dogs been GENETICALLY tested (Not checked over by a vet, but HEALTH CERTIFIED). If not, you are NOT bettering the breed. You are just breeding because you you have a female dog.

Yep, did all that with my dog. Yes.... with that said, let's let this post be about what it was - Pictures.
post #45 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysMeows View Post
.... with that said, let's let this post be about what it was - Pictures.


Yes, please! Keep posting those pictures! Love them!

post #46 of 59
Too cute! I don't blame you for keeping one and love the name Apple!
post #47 of 59
Absolutely LOVE that name...Apple - Too Cute and very fitting!! Suits her perfectly!

I agree......post was about pictures and showing off thoes precious babies....Hate to see this go into a debate.

I am not for or against breeding - as long as its done responsible, which it sure sounds like it has been, who is to judge?
post #48 of 59
Please keep posting pictures, I love to watch them grow, and become their own individual personalities.
post #49 of 59
Moderator Intervention:

Please keep the off-topic comments confined to a private conversation - that's what we have PMs for.

Thank you!

ETA: In my experience in reading the breeder's forums threads as well as the debate threads we've had on breeding in IMO, it's usually pretty easy to spot a bad breeder. Give them time and rope to hang themselves with, and they will show their true colors. However, it's almost impossible to prove that one is a good breeder online (either one's self or someone else where a poster got a kitten or puppy from). Reason is that there is always room for doubt (you can't look someone in the eye in posts), and you can't actually see how the litters (feline or canine) are raised, or how the pairs are bred or how they are chosen for breeding.
post #50 of 59
I just have to jump in here and say how sweet they are. My BIL has a mini (Jacob) and he's my buddy. I'm one of his 2 special folks (besides his owners) and he gets really, really excited when he sees me (think puddles on the floor).

Keep those pictures coming.
post #51 of 59
I don't know if anyone else has checked this out, but take a look at how cute these babies are these days!!!

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/ASCDachshund/



They've got their eyes open and are so adorable!!!
post #52 of 59
OMG they are getting so cute!!! Keep updating!
post #53 of 59
Awww...they are cuties!
post #54 of 59
That's what they look like so small?? They are so cute!!

My mom has a mini doxie that is almost 10 years old. He is a silver dapple with long black and tan fur. He also has one eye with dapple (sectoral heterochromia). Most of his eye is brown, but a small part of it is blue. He is cute but very aggressive to other dogs.

He looks almost exactly like Dr Doolittle IV but with more pronounced dappling, in the 3rd picture down on this page http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG
post #55 of 59
Aww. Sweet!

And I just checked back on Bella's puppies. New pics have been added. They're getting so big! There's one of them in the crate with Bella where they're climbing on her....they're almost as big as her! I just wanna pick them up and give them big smooches.
post #56 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara_leigh View Post
He looks almost exactly like Dr Doolittle IV but with more pronounced dappling, in the 3rd picture down on this page http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG
This person has bloodlines of a really good family friend of ours...what a small world! (the Cedarhurst bloodlines are the ones I saw...we've known that lady, well, since before I was born!Lol!)
post #57 of 59
*bump*

I just checked out the puppies on Bella's website:

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/ASCDachshund/

They're so big now! They look like they have real personalities! And on page two, it looks like the little boy's been adopted. And checkout the pics in the Christmas stockings!

I love these puppies!
post #58 of 59
They are so cute! I wish I could have one!
post #59 of 59
Since it seems this thread is destined to go off-topic, it is now being closed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats and Other Animals
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Cats and Other Animals › Mini Dachshund Puppies arrival!