I am SICK to read this!!!!

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pet/911962161.html

Go to that link and read what that lady wrote. I called her and told her what a piece of work she was. Made sure she knew how irresponsible she really is.

First off, the reason the CAT is freaking pregnant is because of her. Then she leaves when it gives birth? UGHGHGHGHG!!!!!! Now asking 20 bucks for it - Why? Apparently it's DOG food anyway. She should be paying some one to take that cat from her.

Plus, she is re-homing it at 6 weeks. TERROR CAT ANYONE?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a stupid idiot.
That kitten is way to young and letting the dog kill them.
She should have had the cat in the bathroom or somewhere safe.
I hate people like that it makes me so mad.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This kitten may be too young to re-home, but in this case, I think it would be the best thing for this kitten. Obviously, this woman doesn't care that all of the other kittens were killed by the big dog, and I doubt she really cares what happens to this little one. I hope someone adopts this kitten, and fast. Who knows what will happen to it, if she has it longer than 2 hours.

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope whoever takes this kitten will also take the mom cat have her spayed and keep her too. If I were close enough I would drive there and get them both. She should not have any pets-period!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I agree.

She called me back saying that she got rid of the mean dog so who am I to call her irresponsible!? - Gee... I dunno, Letting her get pregnant, leaving on vacation during her due date roaming the house with a GIANT DOG might be one of those reasons!!!

I want him... I should just call back on my husbands cell and have my husband ask for him.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I browse the local Craig's List here, and last week, there was a woman who was giving up her cats because she had heard that changing the litter was bad for a pregnant woman. Google is your friend people, do a little research!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rahma

Ugh. I browse the local Craig's List here, and last week, there was a woman who was giving up her cats because she had heard that changing the litter was bad for a pregnant woman. Google is your friend people, do a little research!
At my prenatal nurses appointment she asked if we had cats. I told her 2. She gasped and said "You don't change the litter, do you?!" My response was "Yes, and I'm aware of toxoplasimosis and have been tested." That shut her up quickly. I didn't have it when I was tested but talked with my Dr. and since both my cats are indoor only this means neither of them have it either cuz if they did... I would too by now. It also means that unless they do get out the risk to me is practically zero from them. Idiots.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I browse Craigslist all the time. I don't know why I do it because it just infuriates me.

Last week, there was a woman posting about how she wants someone to take her young male cat because he won't use the litter box. She said that isn't neutered and she knows it probably would help but she doesn't have the money to pay for him to be neutered. (Um, cleaning the litter box more frequently and having the cat checked for a UTI would help too!). She said if nobody took him by the end of the week, he was going to the humane society.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
im not condoning what she is doing at all, but i got flash nd sooty at 6 weeks old and they have been fine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
6 weeks is too young, even if your cats turned out ok, not all of them do. Kittens need to learn from their mommy, taking them away can turn them into "terror" kitties. Most kittens still nurse at that age, too!

I also got my cat Zelda at 6 weeks because the owners of her were going to toss her and her brothers into the desert to get rid of them, rather than TRY to find them homes. I ended up taking her and her brothers. I kept her and took her brothers to a local no kill shelter where they were given shots, neutered and got really nice homes. That was the only reason I took her early...

I guess there is really nothing we can do if people are ignorant and do that, what are we going to say? NO thanks, rather have an older kitten? Just let that one get dumped on the road or killed by Coyotes? Ya know?