Donuts at my health club?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fridays, I go to an aqua aerobics class at my health club from 11 - 12. The pool is located outside of the cafe, so we get the smells from cooking lunch. Usually this means the smell of grilling chicken or salmon.

Today, a different smell wafted in the air. Sniff, sniff. Donuts? We were a very happy group today because donuts smell a heck of a lot better than salmon.

None of us had ever seen a donut in the cafe and the nearest business is a nursery, the rest is residential.

We figured it out. They were making waffles for the waffle cones for the frozen yogurt.

You know, I just had to have one of those after class.

spatulahandle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would so much rather have a donut than salmon...I tried (I've never had it before) a teeny bite of salmon last week at fancy tearoom and about barfed, but managed to get it down with some tea...a lot of tea and then something sweet to get the nasty taste out of my mouth. Ick! At least I can say I tried it. That waffle cone sounds good.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be disappointed if they had donuts for you! lol. After all of that work too, it takes a long time to work off a donut, longer than some people think.

Salmon over a donut any day if I had to go by my taste buds! I
salmon and just had a salmon sandwich with pesto and lettuce/tomato/red onion earlier today.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live half a block from a donut shop so I smell that allll the time... I guess it could be a lot of worse.

Downtown (Chicago) there are certain areas that smell like baking cookies- it's chocolate. I love that smell! There is a chocolate factory there somewhere and in certain places or when the wind is blowing a certain way, you can smell the chocolate. There also used to be a Salerno factory in my area, and it always smelled so good, I'd roll down the windows whenever we passed by. They recently replaced it with a tile warehouse though. Blah.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still a little weirded out that my gym has a huge coffee area right outside of the cardio room
Everytime my friend Karen and I got workout, she stops for coffee afterwards....I just think that kind of defeats the purpose of a workout right?

Donuts though? That would be too hard to resist!!!!
I can do without coffee, but donuts, that's another story!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm still a little weirded out that my gym has a huge coffee area right outside of the cardio room
Everytime my friend Karen and I got workout, she stops for coffee afterwards....I just think that kind of defeats the purpose of a workout right?

Donuts though? That would be too hard to resist!!!!
I can do without coffee, but donuts, that's another story!
Mine serves Peet's Coffee and Diet coke. My friend, Susan, who used to dance on Broadway, always gets a Diet coke after our dance classes. I get a joint juice because I think I should do something for those joints after salsa and Zumba. And she is older than I am!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I'll take the donuts, as long as they aren't those nasty Krispy Kreme dounts.
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHT?
Explaine yourself Bryan!!!!
Krispy Kreme are deliscious
Not Nasty

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's as bad as ordering a Big Mac, Large Fries, Apple Pie....and ohhh give me a diet Coke cause I'm trying to watch my weight.........

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHT?
Not Nasty
They closed all the Krispy Kreme places around here. Not to worry, we have Johnny's donuts where I live. It's not a chain, it's a tradition.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That's as bad as ordering a Big Mac, Large Fries, Apple Pie....and ohhh give me a diet Coke cause I'm trying to watch my weight.........
Yeah, give my a Diet Coke with my chips and salsa.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHT?
Not Nasty
Nasty. I don't like how all of the donuts are glazed no matter the type. I'll take Dunkin Donuts every day of the week over Krispy Kreme, especially a warm DD apple fritter.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I'll take the donuts, as long as they aren't those nasty Krispy Kreme dounts.
OMG I love Krispy Kreme. My daughter brought home a dozen one Friday night and by Saturday afternoon I had eaten 10 of them.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

OMG I love Krispy Kreme. My daughter brought home a dozen one Friday night and by Saturday afternoon I had eaten 10 of them.
Aren't Krispy Kreme donuts Vanna White's favorites?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Aren't Krispy Kreme donuts Vanna White's favorites?
I can't imagine them not being anyone's favourites! I'm particularly fond of the cream-filled, chocolate-glazed type.