True love? Or dog abuse?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As some of you know I recently adopted a 9 month old tuxedo female kitten. We still havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t named her, poor girl.

I vow to get video of what I am about to talk about, you guys will be the first to see it LOL.

My new kitten LOVES Bruno…absolutely LOVES him. Every morning while getting ready for work we will lock Bruno and the kitten in the bathroom so the kitten can get shower steam for her URI. Brunoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s in there because like most clingy dogs he canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t stand a closed door. The kitten will follow Bruno around purring, rubbing all over him, pawing his face. He didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like it and would run away. So every morning this week consisted of Bruno and the kitten running in circles around my legs.

This morning I figured id get to work late since it a slow day and stayed in bed for awhile. I brought the kitten in the room and Bruno was there as well. Bruno, as some as you know loves to spoon. He got on the bed, I cuddled him…then the new kitten came on the bed, snuggled under Brunoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s arms like he was spooning her, and started purring away and he started licking her head. It was SOOOO cute!

They spent the entire morning in a massive cuddle session that lasted an hour. I swear, they were kissing, pawing and loving each other non stop.

So the question… is this dog abuse? Where he just gives into the abuse…or is this true love? Lol….so cute, hopefully videos coming soon.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard of.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww.. I don't think it's dog abuse. The kitten has just taken a huge shine to Bruno... and once Bruno realized that it wasn't such a bad thing... seems like he found himself not only enjoying the attention, but returning the affection.

I have seen kittens arch and rub on adult cats they like... got some right now ... doing it to two adult cats in our PS storefront. It's almost like they are trying win over these adult cats.. and it seems to be working.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whats also funny is that now Bruno thinks he can kiss and love up on the other cats… Poor boys are totally outraged that Bruno would even consider this. I swear, I have never seen my cats look so violated in my life LOL. Bruno is a bit confused as well.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh too cute!!! I hope you do get some video of that! Pumpkin is one of my cats at my Mom's and he loves to put the dog Abby in a head lock and clean her ears, eyes and the top of her head. I love watching him do that! It's so sweet!!

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that is so cute

Originally Posted by silvionc

Whats also funny is that now Bruno thinks he can kiss and love up on the other cats… Poor boys are totally outraged that Bruno would even consider this. I swear, I have never seen my cats look so violated in my life LOL. Bruno is a bit confused as well.
oh those poor cats, talk about a surprise!

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh man, your description of the whole furry bunch just brings such a big, goofy grin to my face as I picture the scene in my head! Sounds like true love, to me... even if Bruno was a little hesitant at first.

I doubt it's in any way, shape, or form, dog abuse.
Just sounds like a big ol' happy family, to me. I don't think Bruno would have put up with it at all, nor joined in the love fest, if he wasn't loving it as well. Animals aren't like humans who will give in just to placate others.. hee. I think it's the sweetest thing ever.