Just for fun: What is your cat's least desirable trait??

purplecj-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are tons of threads about what we all love about our furbaby(ies) but what about the things we could do without??
Now this is just for fun, because honestly I love everything about Kiwi......

.....but does she really need to chew the end of my nose in the middle of the night???

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Frankie still occasionally pees on the floors. And Wickett... well, I wish he weren't so afraid of things. It's hard to feed them together when he's hiding under the bed.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Capone has a habit of sticking his face in my mouth when I am sleeping. It is the most horrible way to wake up, almost like your drowning.

Bugsy wont drink unless its from the tap… for real…absolutely will not drink. We found out that was the reason why he was so sickly for a year. We know have to turn on the tap at scheduled times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purplecj-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

Capone has a habit of sticking his face in my mouth when I am sleeping. It is the most horrible way to wake up, almost like your drowning.

OMG Kiwi does this too...right after she is done knawing on my nose. I swear she wants to become part of my face.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's no really his fault because he can't control his motor functions completely but ReeRee stratches all the time when playing. I can't clip his nails cus' he uses them to climb since he is not very good at jumping.

Fiona paces alot. When she is awake she is AWAKE and wants to hunt and play the whole time. It can get annoying when you just want to relax after a long day of work.

Rocko is always underfoot and slow to move. His staring can sometimes be annoying too. Mostly it's just cute and endearing. But sometimes I wish he could tell me what he wants. He just stares.

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The one thing that has slightly aggravated me about Bodhi is his extreme pickiness about wet food. I've tried several different types and brands and he turns his nose up to everything except Fromm (of course, one of the priciest foods).

Other than that, he's hands down the best cat I've ever known!

Candace

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Rocko is always underfoot and slow to move. His staring can sometimes be annoying too. Mostly it's just cute and endearing. But sometimes I wish he could tell me what he wants. He just stares.
Wickett would rather let you "kick" him across the floor than get out of your way. Now, let me explain... when you tell him to move or nudge him with your foot to encourage him he flops over and then lets you use your foot to scoot him out of your way. I've taken him across the apartment like this before.
And Frankie stares too... especially around dinner time. She just sit in the kitchen and stares.

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mai Sai bites....not me, but everything. My blinds, lose paper......laptop....have teeth marks all over them

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lilly-Rose sreams when she wants something. I mean ear piercing. And especilly if I'm on the phone. Chandler Ray and Tweety stare at me when it's time to eat. Chandler Ray MUST sleep on my head (he's over 20 pounds and heavly flops, on my head). Toby must sit on the keyboard of my laptop.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Thread....as much as I love my three they each have a couple of habits that drive me totally nuts.

Sassy is very vocal and if he wants my attention he tells me about it which is fine except at 3a.m. when his nose is 2" from my face it startles the you know what out of me.

Pixie should have been a dog when it comes to begging for food. Now we have a 20lb cat here with a Budda Belly but if I have something to eat she will literally bug me until me until she gets some..

Linus is my neat freak, I have 3 litter boxes so they all have their favorite that they use all the time. If anyone goes in Linus litter box he will pee in the bathtub.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are so funny to me and these stories Im reading are hilarious

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speck wants to eat whenever we come home - even if he's just ate and we've only been away 20 minutes. He thinks people entering house = feeding time.

rainbow_tic_tac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Trixie likes to run up my leg. Like, I'll be standing in the kitchen and she'll pounce over and run straight up my leg. It hurts REALLY bad. She also likes to sleep right between my legs and she looks so comfortable I hate to wake her. So I end up with a back ache in the morning from the awkward position I get stuck in.

Oh. And she has gas. Really bad gas.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really think of anything "undesirable". Quirky maybe but certainly not really bothersome.

Chynna doesn't like to use the litter box if it hasn't been scooped. She will if absolutely necessary, but before she will use it a second time, it absolutely has to be scooped.

Abby sometimes forgets to turn around in the litter box and ends up peeing over the side. Dyslexia is the only thing I can equate it to!

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin is totally sweet and social, but she does /not/ sit on laps, or care to be held. It's completely distressing because she's got such a wonderful coat, especially now that the weather is cooling off... she's perfectly content to sit *next to* us, but she definitely has a sense of personal space and does not like to be crowded.

Zero is horribly timid around Pumpkin and tends to growl when she comes close. He's getting better though... but the worst bit with him is that he doesn't always bury his business in the litter box! This makes Pumpkin /very/ angry when she finds it on her regular inspection tours! It's so beneath her to have to bury the other cat's poop!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky has major attitude. This is her world, She allows us to live in it. So we can serve her

Gus is a sneaky. He hides so he can sneak out the door. He runs out and waits for me to come get him. It is a really fun game at 2 am

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay great thread!

Kahlua: Well she likes to suck on her toes (okay well I think she is cleaning them) while sitting directly behind your head on the couch. It makes the most disgusting noises!!

Joey: He stares a lot... like "I can see your soul" kinda stare. Its creepy. He also has really bad litter box manners. But we are slowly getting better.

Google: (technically my roomies cat) He is just a freak of nature. But I hate that he can open cabinets mostly because he likes to just open them and let them slam shut at 3 am.

Keiko: (Also my roomies cat) Will only come near me to be loved on when no one else is home. Any other time she ignores me completely.

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harley likes to meow at me for attention. When I first got her, I thought it was for food, because she kept leading me into the kitchen. But there was food in her bowl already. I figured out it's because she wants me to pet her! Any time I come into the room, she starts meowing at the top of her lungs, and she tries her hardest to steer me into the living room so she can sit in my chair with me. If I'm not in the living room, she'll come and find me, just so she can tell me all about the fact that I'm not paying attention to her.
It's cute, but in a way, it drives me nuts!

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Niko's annoying traits are few and far between, but the main thing that is starting to aggravate me is he's a total whiner. I know he understands most of what I say to him because of his many responses (and he's VERY vocal), but if I tell him 'no' about something, he just follows me around with this soft, pitiful, pleading, whine.

Eventually, I'll get annoyed and scold him with a, "I say no!" and then he responds with a sharp, defiant "Mah!". To which I'll usually say something like, "Don't you yell at me," and he'll go back to the quiet, albeit frustrating, whining... and the cycle starts all over again. *snickers* He's such a back-talker.

Oh, and we can't leave out how he walks /right/ in front of me and blends into the darkness in my main hallway. He likes to lead me down the hall towards the kitchen, and suddenly drop to the floor and sprawl out so that either I trip over him, or inadvertently step on him. And of course, it's /my/ fault. :p

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boy Grigio is in many ways the best cat in the world. He's super affectionate, and loves everyone. He can be a "whiner" at times (frustrating because I have difficulty knowing what he wants), but the main problem is related to the fact that he's such a social animal.

We live together alone--just Grigio and me, but I'm retired, so he has company all the time. However, he doesn't like me to be asleep if he's awake! So at 2 am, like clockwork, he's on my pillow and purring in my ear. If I don't awaken, he begins patting me with his paw until I'm awake. And he's not satisfied until I'm up! Since he leaves me so sleep deprived, I often try to nap during the day. But that only works if he's sleeping too. Should he wake and see me asleep, he's back to waking me again.

I'm planning to talk to a behaviorist about this because he's driving me nuts. If he wasn't the best cat in the world, I'd really be annoyed:-) By the way, my vet doesn't think that another cat would help the problem because he finds Grigio to be totally "human bonded."