First SNOW of the season!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I
SNOW!!! It's midnight - and just started snowing lightly not long ago!

So I took some pics.

I was supposed to bring this planter & the other one in today & forgot
I get the feeling I'm dead with mom wakes in the morning.....I can't get it to move myself & no one else is still up, so I'm just leaving it - froze by now

and the grass

Hope there's more by morning!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, thank you for sharing! It was so hot here yesterday... it's great to live vicariously through your pictures...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great Pictures.

We have had a couple of flurriies last week, but the weather here has been very warm the last 4 days. No doubt we will be paying for it shortly.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! I love the first real snow.

and as for the planter, well...this is the first year I've remembered mine before they froze to the porch.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup, it was snowing on the way to work today, although nothing was sticking. We've got some seriously schizophrenic weather here. Wasn't it 75 degrees 2 days ago and now it's snowing? I don't mind winter so long as it is actually preceeded by fall. But to jump around so much? Nope, that messes with my head.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, the first real snow of the season is always nice.. it's all the rest of it that follows... for months and months of grayness... that I am not looking forward to. Ugh!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kids were very excited about the snow when they woke up this morning. I, on the other hand, feel less enthusiastic! Is it spring yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

My kids were very excited about the snow when they woke up this morning. I, on the other hand, feel less enthusiastic! Is it spring yet?
I'm just thinking ahead to having to start up tractor to scoop out driveway.... Not looking forward to that part later this winter!!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rahma

Yup, it was snowing on the way to work today, although nothing was sticking. We've got some seriously schizophrenic weather here. Wasn't it 75 degrees 2 days ago and now it's snowing? I don't mind winter so long as it is actually preceeded by fall. But to jump around so much? Nope, that messes with my head.
I can't agree more about the weather here being schizophranic.
Not only does it mess with our heads, it's very unhealthy. Where else does the weather constantly vary like this???? I think this is way too early in the season for snow. IMO we really got cheated this year, we didn't even have any spring, just a short cooler summer, and now winter's back again already.

I'm just not ready for this.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow Already?
Goodness, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if we had snow here this early in the year- I think I'd be out in the yard playing in the stuff
(We rarely ever get it though!)

As far as your mom's plant- until you're able to move it in, at least cover it up really well. Get some big trash bags and cover it up then tape down the bottom.
Try to get it indoors as soon as your able to though.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up to 3 inches on the car (completely covered). Called hubby at home and he said there is another 2 inches on the truck. But nothing on the road/sidewalks that is sticking.

If its snowing before Thanksgiving, looks like we may have a long winter. I hope that we get a few nice days in March so I can have Jack shipped here.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat, it just struck me. You are a white cat lover and you live in MN?
They blend in with the snow.

It seems like the northeast and the midwest are having early winters. We are having such a late fall. Only last week were most of the temperatures in the 60's. Well, maybe not the majority. Today it was sunny, gorgeous and 70. You guys may think that it is splendid, but having grown up in the Northeast, I really miss the fall.

I just last week put away my sun dresses and can wear jeans again. It even rained last Sat.

I am so ready for colder weather. Please send some our way, along with fog and rain and snow in the Sierras, please!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely pics! I should have taken some of our first snow! It was Wednesday and we got a lot. In fact I heard some of the ski places are opening early!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Lovely pics! I should have taken some of our first snow! It was Wednesday and we got a lot. In fact I heard some of the ski places are opening early!
He he
actually mom it snowed in the valley in the beginning of October but you were gone in Michigan. It Must have melted before you got home.