GREAT news y'all!!!

rainbow_tic_tac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Trixie went to the vet!

I was literally on the ground begging my mom to taker her to the vet and she finally succumbed. Needless to say, I was ecstatic!
We took her after school. She was kind of timid at first but after a few minutes she was ready to explore! It was quite a challenge, holding her while she was so curious about everything. It was her first time to a vet though so I couldn't complain.
They weighed Trixie first and we found out she's a whopping 2.5 pounds! She really doesn't seem that heavy at all though.

After that we went into a little room and told the nurse what was going on. She examined Trixie and said that 1.) Trixie is a purebred Siamese, 2.) she's only about 11 weeks old, and 3.) she has ear mites.

Then we gave Trixie to her for a stool sample.

It was so funny cause my little sister kept asking "How are they gonna make her poop?"

When they brought Trixie back from that, the poor thing was terrified. She clung to my chest and buried her soft little face in my neck. It was a while before she calmed back down and I felt so sorry for her. The vet said that the stool samples were negative so she didn't have any parasites that they could tell. Then she explained that, since she had fleas, Trixie probably had tapeworms, which made no sense cause she'd just told us she was parasite-free... but whatever. They gave Trixie a shot then took her to wash and medicate her ears. They also dewormed her and started her shots. When she came back she had a bag full of medicine.

I had to force-feed Trixie half a pill for tapeworms. It almost killed me but I kept reminding myself it would help her. Then the nurse gave me a pill I have to give Trixie in 3 weeks, explained the ear-drops process, told me how to apply the flea medicine, and (THANK GOD) gave me something to help Trixie's gas. She was a little bitter towards me after the whole pill thing but I gave her a treat when we got home so all is forgiven.
The trip cost over $140 and my mom flipped but I didn't care cause my baby's all taken care of! Just thought I'd let you guys know! I'll try to get some pictures up soon.
- Teh Raynboh

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad you got her a vet visit ...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad you were able to take your baby to the vet and that she's doing well. Kitties get tapeworms from ingesting (eating) fleas when they're grooming. It's very common for kitties, esp. if they're strays or rescues, to have fleas and tapeworms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rainbow_tic_tac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the info guys! Seriously. I'm kind of new to this whole "cat" thing so I need as mush advice as I can get.

purplecj-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am really happy for you!! You must feel so much better now, that little Trixie is all 'fixed up'
You had mentioned in another post that Trixie is mostly white with grey ears and tail, and blue eyes. She sounds almost exactly like my Kiwi (but she only has one grey ear) and she also has Siamese in her. My vet told me the blue-eyed ones have "cattatude"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rainbow_tic_tac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurpleCJ-7

I am really happy for you!! You must feel so much better now, that little Trixie is all 'fixed up'
You had mentioned in another post that Trixie is mostly white with grey ears and tail, and blue eyes. She sounds almost exactly like my Kiwi (but she only has one grey ear) and she also has Siamese in her. My vet told me the blue-eyed ones have "cattatude"
Trixie does kind of own the place now that you mention it.
But yeah, the vet said Trix is full blooded Siamese. She doesn't really look like it in my opinion but their fur colors change over time. She is just a baby, after all.