Hello, my fellow Felis Catus Lovers

talesoffan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my name is James. I have a cat named Tigger and he is 6 years old. Though out my life I have had 3 cats and one dog sadly my first two cats died pretty young. My first cat Precious got in a fight with another cat and got an infection from a bite to her ear. My second cat Tiger, was killed by someone throwing her into a dog pen. My cat Tigger has out lasted them so far. When we first got him we kept him inside until he was old enough to go outside, then he became an outside cat. He was doing fine until someone threw him in the same dog pen that my previous cat Tiger was killed in. Luckily the dogs were inside and we were able to get him out of there. He has been an inside cat ever since. It is a good thing that he became an inside cat to, because he later started to get kidney stones. So he had to get an operation and now he has to eat the urinary tract cat food. He is a very friendly cat that loves treats. He also seems to hate other cats. If he sees any cats even near our house he growls and bangs up against the window, but if a cat gets inside our house he runs and hides. I have always loved cats ever since I was a small child, and I loved my cats Precious and Tiger a lot, but I must say I feel a special bond with my cat Tigger that I never experienced with Precious or Tiger. It may just be because my other cats were always outside or it could be because I am older now and more mature. But, I must say I have never loved cats so much.

I also have a question, here is some pictures of my cat Tigger could you tell me what kind of cat you think he is. He is probably just a moggy but I would like to know what he resembles.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, he looks like a Russian Blue in color, but it's not an uncommon color, and without papers, all he can be is a Domestic Shorthair.

It's good you're keeping him inside. He may not hate other cats, but most cats are territorial and resent strange cats in their "space."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

talesoffan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, he looks like a Russian Blue in color, but it's not an uncommon color, and without papers, all he can be is a Domestic Shorthair.

It's good you're keeping him inside. He may not hate other cats, but most cats are territorial and resent strange cats in their "space."
Thanks for the advice. I also have a question about this site, how do you add an avatar and a signature. I can not seem to find it in my profile. Is there a certain amount of post that you need before being able to use it.

foxy~phoebe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi & welcome! I'm a newbie here myself.. which is why no really cool avatar or siggy. I'll get it figured out.. if I do, I'll pass it along to you. Your cat is really adorable. He reminds me of a cat that my friend had (Beethoven).. we used to think Beethoven was possibly at least partly this one specific breed.. but now I can't think of what it was. Me personally, I've always been owned by the 'mutts'.. and wouldn't have it any other way. And good call on keeping your fuzz ball in.. there's just too much to worry about with letting cats outside.. seen too much awful stuff because there are a lot of strays where I live. Sorry, I can't be more helpful w/your Q.s.. but still wanted to say hi.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite James,

I agree with the above member, Tigger is a very handsome Moggy.

Below is a link that will take you to a thread that should answer your questions.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92064
If not, just send a personal message to my username, and I will help if I can.
See you around the site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

talesoffan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the help guys it is appreciated

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

spatulahandle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Tigger is a very handsome cat. My brother had a cat when we were little that looked very much like Tigger, he was abandoned in a motel room when he was very little. We were told that he resembled a Russian Blue, don't know if he was though.
Have a good day!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, he's a very handsome specimen of Felis Catus! (Love the Latin. XD) I love his eyes, very pretty. I'd say he looks like a Russian Blue as well, but yeah.. with no papers, he's a moggy... just like Mackerel. :p At least he's in fine company? lol.

Hope to see you around the site. :-)

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sport and Rob welcome you to the most fantastic feline site in the entire universe
. The people and the advice is out of this world.
..yuk, yuk..
Seriously though.
..welcome, this is a great place!

Rob & Sport