Car Wash Kitty

mrbradstewart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How do I stop my kitty from freaking out everytime I go through one of those touchless car wash systems. I tried putting on Jazz music, but it only works for like the first half? Any thoughts?

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky if I can get mine into the carrier to get the Vets never mind a car wash.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrbradstewart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unlike my previous cats, Meeka loves to travel with me. I have one of those really nice soft mesh bags. I spend a lot of time on the road, and she loves it.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish mine liked the car, I wouldn't have any problems going to the Vets. If she's in a carrier then maybe cover up all the sides that she can see through, though you probably tried that.

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why not go through the car wash with him OUTSIDE the car once?

This way you'll give him a bath AND he'll have a much better appreciate of
being INSIDE the car during a car wash rather than outside.

I'M KIDDING!!! I'M KIDDING!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrbradstewart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That would be funny! (kidding, of course)

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bet that did freak your kitty out! can you imagine? what he or she was
thinking? surely you don't do it that often? where there's a will...there is a way! just think about it.....what do you do for potty time? walk her like a dog? on a leash? to each his own, i wish you luck! I will be thinking too, if it hits me I'll be back in touch!
Monique

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aswient

I wish mine liked the car, I wouldn't have any problems going to the Vets. If she's in a carrier then maybe cover up all the sides that she can see through, though you probably tried that.
That's my thought but it depends on if it's the sights or sounds or both that are causing kitty to freak out.

You could find a car wash where you don't have to be in the car then you can both be outside watching instead of trapped inside. But these are harder to come by usually... hmm.

Have you tried bribery? Bring some of his favorite treats with you and before you go in give him a few and keep feeding him (slowly of course) through out the car wash so he learns that it's a good thing!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! I'm certain this isn't serious but at least it's a funny one rather than the ones claiming to abuse their pets.