Why does she sleep on my pillow?

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has begun sleeping on the bed on MY pillow in the morning while
I am in the shower.

Now, this cat has her own bed, a cat tree with two enclosed area, plus
the sofa and recliner in the living room, the 'grandmother' chair (as I call it)
in the bedroom and the whole rest of the dang house to sleep where ever
she wants!!

Why does she choose the ONE spot where I don't want her to sleep?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It smells like you! and she loves you!
it's also warm

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why? Why not?
This is the power of the cat. Cats have an uncanny ability to be where you don't want them to be
But I must say, pillows are comfortable and warm and just makes sense for a good nap spot, hehe.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Möbius

My cat has begun sleeping on the bed on MY pillow in the morning while
I am in the shower.

Now, this cat has her own bed, a cat tree with two enclosed area, plus
the sofa and recliner in the living room, the 'grandmother' chair (as I call it)
in the bedroom and the whole rest of the dang house to sleep where ever
she wants!!

Why does she choose the ONE spot where I don't want her to sleep?
Here is what Persi thought about the new bed that I bought for him.
Rather than sleep in the nice new bed, he decided he liked the open
drawer right above the bed better!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a pillow for Sebastian. It is a standard sized bed pillow made of microplush. He kneads on it then sleeps on it right next to me. He knows its "his".

This doesn't stop him from trying to share my pillow the odd time but he usually sleeps on his own

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Here is what Persi thought about the new bed that I bought for him.
Rather than sleep in the nice new bed, he decided he liked the open
drawer right above the bed better!

That is so funny just what my guys would do.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never had any luck with cat beds, either. Oh, they've used it occasionally, but not much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And here I thought it was her little way of saying: "Enjoy your 30 mile commute and 8 hours stuck behind a desk. I'll keep your pillow warm until you return to feed me again."

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be grateful she waits until you get up. Bijou settles down on my pillow with his body pushed against my face. Until he gets fully settled he turns his sweet little head around and licks my nose and eyelids before placing his head in just the right position for his whiskers to tickle what is left of my face not covered by his body. He only started doing this since I got my Obisform pillow. It is through this exercise that I've come to realize I can breathe through cat fur.

megra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few years ago, I knew a cat, Sappho, who would climb into pillowcases. Imagine two pillows in pillowcases stacked neatly on the bed. Wee cat has climbed in to the pillowcase of the lower of the two pillows and gone to sleep. Tired lumbering human climbs into bed and puts head down into pillows. Suddenly the pillows buck and yowl and a lot of black and white fur flies sideways out from under the human's head.

It happened to me...

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My little tuxedo girl, Gracie, is nice enough to let me use "her" pillow.
Seriously, ever since she was tiny kitten, Gracie would come into bed around 2 or 3 a.m., and lay down on my pillow, literally wrapping herself around my head, just purring away. It took some getting used to, but I usually don't even wake up any more. If I do, her purring lulls me back to sleep. She's pretty protective of "her" pillow too. If any of the other cats get near it while she's there, she growls at them.

kunalen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My nacho sleeps on the bed at times.At times if myself or the wife leave our clothes on the bed he curls up on it.Yes,I believe he lovrs our scents.More recently he has taken to sleeping in the cupboard during the day.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love their cat beds the use them all the time, but Jordan also likes my pillow. He much prefers it when I am using it though. He used to lay on the extra pillow next to my pillow. Now it doesn't seem to matter which pillow I'm sleeping on he wants to be on it with me. He is my cuddle bug & I don't mind sharing my pillow with him until he gets greedy & pushes my head right off.

jayne1955

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of our cats, Mischief, sleeps on my 13 year old daughter's pillow while she's sleeping on it, too. My daughter adores having him there, because she loves him, he is soft, and he is warm, but he is a huge tom, so now she's trying to get him to sleep on a second pillow, next to hers. It is working pretty well. I think a lot of cats do this. None of our cats use official cat beds. But they like afghans folded up in strategic places, and small bath rugs.