Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone done any research on this product? Is it safe, and does it really work to clean their teeth? My cat won't let me near her teeth, which is normal for most cats, I think... and I'd really like to pay attention to her dental needs...with something safe, of course!

My Vet had the 16 oz bottle for $32, but I found it on their company website for $14. Before I buy it, I'm hoping someone knows something about it... I saw some similar products at the pet store, but have no idea which ones work better.

Thanks so much!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are products with actual studies backing them up ... that does not mean this does not work but with proven stuff readily out there I would look that way first..

both products just reading the ingredients contain things I dont use for my animal s or myself

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

There are products with actual studies backing them up ... that does not mean this does not work but with proven stuff readily out there I would look that way first..

both products just reading the ingredients contain things I dont use for my animal s or myself
Thanks Sharky!
Could you possible give me some names of some, to start researching them? I have no clue...but I really want to get something safe...I really appreciate it...

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use OxyFresh for my Somali with stomatitus. I can say it does work for him.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never used it but am looking into it because my Cockers have such a problem with gingivitis. Our Cocker breeder uses the Oxyfresh that goes in the water and she swears by it. They also have a gel that you can rub on thier teeth or I think there is a spray(not sure). I would rather not put something in the water so I would use the other forms.