Michael Crichton

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sad. I just found out Michael Crichton died. He wrote Jurassic Park, The Lost World, created ER, Sphere, and The Andromeda Strain among many others. He's one of my favorite authors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think he has one more book that he finished set to be released December 2008. It looks like it doesn't have a title though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sad to hear this
He is my absolute favorite author
My favorite book of his was, "Prey." It's an excellent read for those of you who like his work! I am soo sad he passed on
We lost a truely talented guy.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is too bad. He wasn't that old was he? The last time I saw him on an interview, he didn't appear to be old, old, but mature. So sad.

angelwing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Noooooooooo. He's one of my favourite authors. Prey is also my favourite of his. He will be missed.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was very saddened to hear about his death. I especially liked Rising Sun and the Great Train Robbery, and his autobiography (the name of which escapes me now--I read it many years ago).

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a big fan, also, though his denial of global climate change mystified me. If you haven't looked into his nonfiction, you might enjoy it very much -- "Five Patients" is the title, I think, of the book that inspired ER, and he also wrote a sort of partial autobiography called "Travels" that I dearly love.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I understand he wrote Andromeda Strain while he was still in school. Medical school, maybe?

My favorite of his books was "Timeline." It was made into a movie, but it really didn't capture the spirit of the book.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I understand he wrote Andromeda Strain while he was still in school. Medical school, maybe?
That's right -- I don't think he ever got to practice medicine at all, because he was a best-selling author before he finished school!

Nobody has mentioned "Disclosure," which I think is excellent. Not so much science as some of the others, but a very intricate and well-told story.