Wish Me Luck *Sigh*

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an appointment with my doctor in two hours. I cannot get the meds I need here in Canada, and I need to find out if there is some kind of acceptable alternative.

I have pernicious anemia and regular B-12 injections do not work; the only thing that helps me is a time-release B-12A (hydroxocobalamin). The manufacturer is Watson Labs in the U.S. I cannot find a place that will send it outside of the U.S. (Actually, there is a lab in China that produces it and would send it here but that is very scary to me but I will be discussing this option with my doctor if I have to.)

I have been suffering and am hoping I can have a solution before more permanent damage is done. *sigh*

Any good wishes are greatly appreciated!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is tough. Wish I had some good words of wisdom or experience for you, but all I have is lots of
and some very strong good luck vibes!

Hope you find a good solution soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for the well wishes! They mean a lot to me.

I'm off to the doctor now... I hope I don't start crying during my appointment, I hate that!

Chin up, I've got my iPod and my water bottle...

I will post an update when I get back.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best of luck at your appointment! I would be hesitant to take anything from China myself, just because all the latest troubles.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of prayers and vibes headed your way! I hope you're able to come up with a solution with your doctor so you can get the medication you need.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
sublingual doesn't work for you, either, i'd assume? that's what i use since the portion of my intestine that absorbs b-12 is bypassed now...
adding my & that a solution is found!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hope all goes well for you. I, too, am (severely anemic), but it is not the type you have.

BTW, I lost track of the post you posted about a few months ago, about getting up in the middle of the night, and craving orange juice. Is the anemia somehow related to this, or did you ever find out what was causing it?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for your appointment and for finding the medicine or a generic alternative.

I wouldn't order anything from China at this point.

Aren't there sites on-line where you could order it?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope the appointment went well today and you didn't cry during it (I hate doing that too...
)

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words!

There's not much to tell you. I got a prescription for the regular B-12, and I got the requisition to have a bunch of blood tests done in January. There aren't really any other options right now.

laureen227, no sublingual doesn't even help maintain.

MargeCat, I'm no longer craving orange juice, but I did go buy a pregnancy test after so many people mentioned that! I'm not pregnant, thank goodness, that would not be good on all kinds of levels. I told my doctor about it and we are going to test for insulin-resistance in January.

butzie, my doctor said not to order from China, either. We are going to see what my levels are in a couple of months and how I am feeling with the regular B-12. I searched on the internet; evidently the hydroxocobalamin is not approved in Canada so the U.S. companies won't send it here (except for China and that is kind of weird).

sarahp, I didn't cry.

I really appreciate all of you.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I hope that the appointment went well for you. Sending lots of that you find a viable solution.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hope you feel better soon.

Quesiton why cant you get what you need in canada? or did i just miss that part?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not approved here. I found some stuff on the web that says Canada is doing testing and research on it but it's still not sold here.

Thank you both for the well-wishes.