TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Interesting numbers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Interesting numbers

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I'm glad the election was clear. We really don't need two months of lawsuits, etc.

However, an interesting comparison. Currently, Obama is credited with 62,443,218 popular votes. In 2004, Bush wont 62,040,610 votes. So the election was not as lopsided as it may appear, at first glance.
post #2 of 8
It's not over officially til the Electoral College finalizes things. There are still several pending lawsuits out there.
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
It's not over officially til the Electoral College finalizes things. There are still several pending lawsuits out there.
It is, in fact, over. The next president is Barack Obama. McCain has conceded. The electoral map is such that even if quite a few electors decided to go rogue and not do their job, it's still over.

Even Fox called it last night.

The fat lady has sung. She's on a nationwide tour.
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
It is, in fact, over. The next president is Barack Obama. McCain has conceded. The electoral map is such that even if quite a few electors decided to go rogue and not do their job, it's still over.

Even Fox called it last night.

The fat lady has sung. She's on a nationwide tour.
Au contrare'. The MSM may have helped this election along tremendously, but they've not got the final word.

I don't even want to think about a SCOTUS judge refusing to administer the oath, that would make the thrill Chris Matthews got up his leg seem pale.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Au contrare'. The MSM may have helped this election along tremendously, but they've not got the final word.

I don't even want to think about a SCOTUS judge refusing to administer the oath, that would make the thrill Chris Matthews got up his leg seem pale.
Actually, that's not required. Anyone that can attest to an oath can administer it. In fact, I believe that the oath has been administered by a notary before.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Au contrare'. The MSM may have helped this election along tremendously, but they've not got the final word.

I don't even want to think about a SCOTUS judge refusing to administer the oath, that would make the thrill Chris Matthews got up his leg seem pale.
No, you're right. The media doesn't have the final word. That would be the voters. Who voted Barack Obama into the office of President. This is not a close election, by any account.

And there is no basis whatsoever to think about someone refusing to swear him in. I don't even understand where you think that might come from, or what legal basis it would have.
post #7 of 8
Quote:
It's not over officially til the Electoral College finalizes things. There are still several pending lawsuits out there
Awe...You sound just like me, when Gore lost in 2000. Memories are nice.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breal76 View Post
Awe...You sound just like me, when Gore lost in 2000. Memories are nice.
In spite of what they might think, the Democrats don't own the word HOPE.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Interesting numbers