it hates me, i am sure it hate me.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the clock, its not moving, i think it is just teasing me.

i have 30 min,more before i can leave the office.
and i swear the min hand has not moved in 10 years, maybe 20.

Normaly i am not much for clock watching, but i have had a very long busy night spent 2 hours on the phone with some guy in poland trying to set up some new hardware over there, and english was not his first or second language. Along with several other issues.

head hurts, eyes hurt, just want to go home, pet a cat and go to bed. somtimes 12 hour days suck

oh cool this took up 3 min.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure the hands aren't going backwards just to torment you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

no work is
now i got stuff to do,
waiting to see if the fix worked

hehe

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, I hate clock watching!! Sometimes in does seem like the hands are going backwards! Amazing how time can drag like that and then when you're having fun it just flies by.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's gotten to the point where I had to put a sticker on my computer screen to cover the clock, or else I would be watching it constantly. Of course, it doesn't help because I still have a clock on the phone that is connected to my computer.
But it makes me feel better.

Why is it those last 30-60 minutes last forever?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Hehe. Bruce even if your not paranoid, doesn't mean the hands on the clock aren't going backwards! Or the digital clocks are displaying in descending order
Those would be on you watch, PC, phone, blackberry, etc.

I did high end technical support for a time. I could tell you lots of stories, but given your language story, mine is one of DH's who used to manage a tech support group. He had a customer whose native language is Farsi. DH was very happy when he hired a woman who spoke Farsi and turned the problems over to her. She came back to DH after calling the customer and said, "Nope, she is just as clueless in Farsi as she is in English."

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clock watching really sucks! I`ve had some brain numbing jobs where everyone is always watching the clock or asking what the time is, but the weekends or time off always goes too quick

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

the clock, its not moving, i think it is just teasing me.

i have 30 min,more before i can leave the office.
and i swear the min hand has not moved in 10 years, maybe 20.

Normaly i am not much for clock watching, but i have had a very long busy night spent 2 hours on the phone with some guy in poland trying to set up some new hardware over there, and english was not his first or second language. Along with several other issues.

head hurts, eyes hurt, just want to go home, pet a cat and go to bed. somtimes 12 hour days suck

oh cool this took up 3 min.
Insolent clock. I hate being at work and having the time drag by so very slowly.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The other day at work i got all excited because I saw that it was 4 (I work till 5 most days) and then I realized it was the only clock in the office I forgot to set the time back on. It was such a dissapointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Why is it those last 30-60 minutes last forever?
cause, time is evil and likes to torture us?

Originally Posted by butzie

I did high end technical support for a time. I could tell you lots of stories, but given your language story, mine is one of DH's who used to manage a tech support group. He had a customer whose native language is Farsi. DH was very happy when he hired a woman who spoke Farsi and turned the problems over to her. She came back to DH after calling the customer and said, "Nope, she is just as clueless in Farsi as she is in English."
never had to deal with farsi, but good story

well i know this guy is not clueless, his written english is better then mine. finally i just started telling him what i need done by sending SMS messages to his phone.

which i still find amazing really, sending text messages to a phone in poland, from my computer.

Originally Posted by Essayons89

Insolent clock. I hate being at work and having the time drag by so very slowly.
In truth, i can leave anytime after another network guy shows up, But i am sched to 8, SO i stay until 8 most morning,

dang work ethic.

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

The other day at work i got all excited because I saw that it was 4 (I work till 5 most days) and then I realized it was the only clock in the office I forgot to set the time back on. It was such a dissapointment.
lol lol

is all i can say my friend.