(human) pregnancy question

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok. Hopefully the second time's the charm

I was 6 weeks pregnant in July, but I miscarried. Besides being emotionally very hard to take, I suffered some physical pain. I had severe cramping, lower back pain and bleeding.

I'm 90% sure I'm pregnant again, and although I haven't taken any home pregnancy tests yet, AF is running late, and I'm getting other pregnancy signs. What I need to know is: is is normal to have light to medium cramping in your first trimester? There's no bleeding, thank goodness, so that's a relief! The cramping (got it yesterday and today) happens mostly in the late afternoon/ evening hours.

Should I worry? Or just let things happen?...

I need as much baby dust/good vibes, etc... as you guys can spare! I do NOT want to miscarry again...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mild cramping can happen in the first trimester but I'd get ahold of your doc just to be sure.

Best of luck!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been pregnant myself, but I know my friends have had a cramping feeling which they were told was just the uterus expanding. I'm not sure how painful that cramping was though.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cramped for two nights in my during the 3rd week. Make sure you are drinking enough fluids. Your uterus may cramp if you are dehydrated.
*fingerscrossed*

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had some cramping early in my pregnancy, and as far as I understand, a little bit early on is normal. But I'd honestly go to the Dr. and just make sure everything is ok.

I had 5 miscarriages before I had my son, so I completely understand that the emotional toll is very hard. But my son is my miracle in that respect, and I'm hoping that it's your turn for one.

Sending lots of baby vibes!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my oldest son I had cramping the first trimester because the Dr said my ueterus was stretching

It scared me so badly I went to the ER 2 times!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cramping can be normal during your first trimester. Still, considering your devastating previous miscarriage, please get a test ASAP and see your Dr. Hoping for the best for you and looking forward to hearing the results of your test!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been pregnant either, but as we are hoping for it soon, I am addicted to a pregnancy forum (GREAT place, PM if you want to join, I'll give you the link!), and cramping early on is very, very common over there.

Still, as everyone else has said, please go to the doctor. If nothing else, for your peace of mind! Also, since you had a miscarriage, they will likely want to know about this pregnancy early on and maybe monitor it a little closer.

Good luck, and have a healthy and happy 9 months!

Lots of baby dust and sticky vibes.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, what everyone else has said about the docs

I hope if you are pregnant that everything works out this time around

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Guess what???

I did a home pregnancy test last night, and it came back positive!!! I am over the moon and stars right now!!!
When I showed the test results to my husband, he immediately got up and gave me a big hug. Then he sat down, hugged me around my waist, and kissed my belly. He's really happy for me too!! Then he said "ok. no jumping and no ladders for you" so I just had to ask "can I jump on a ladder?" lol "umm... no."

I booked an appointment to see my Dr. this afternoon.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!

Take it easy and let us know how it goes after the doctors visit.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miscarried myself back in April. I guess I can let the proverbial cat out of the bag. I'm almost 12 weeks now. All of your symptoms from your miscarriage were identical to mine. Started off with low back pain, then cramping (which I though were growing pains) then spotting which got worse and worse. It was heartbreaking.
Now, I can tell the difference between my uterus stretching now and the cramps I had then. The cramps were strong, heavy and broad if that makes sense. The pains I'm having now (saw my Dr. Tue and he said it's all good so far) are sharp and very specified. He said they're most likely the muscles stretching as I grow. It makes sense because they do sort of feel like when you stretch just a little too far and get that twinge of pain.

Originally Posted by LadyLoneWolf

I had some cramping early in my pregnancy, and as far as I understand, a little bit early on is normal. But I'd honestly go to the Dr. and just make sure everything is ok.

I had 5 miscarriages before I had my son, so I completely understand that the emotional toll is very hard. But my son is my miracle in that respect, and I'm hoping that it's your turn for one.

Sending lots of baby vibes!
I can't imagine how hard that was. Congratulations to you and your son!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have never been pregnant, but believe I have read that some mild cramping can be normal. However, since you miscarried before, I think it is better to be safe than sorry, so call your Dr. ASAP.

I hope all goes well. I am very sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got the official blood test results from my dr.'s appointment yesterday: positive!

I'm sooo excited! Although I still don't "feel" pregnant, I'm enjoying the ride so far!