TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Voter Intimidation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Voter Intimidation  

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
and so it begins. In Philadelphia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeD1RcJjAg
post #2 of 16
thats to bad. This has been happening for a while. People have also been leaving flyers on peoples doors saying there are two elections due to high voter turn out one for republicans on tues day one for democrats on Wednesday. It is amazing what people will do. I am sure there is other things going on as well and it is very sad. What amazes me even more is some of the comments posted under this video.
post #3 of 16
That's terrible! When are people going to get it? Everyone has a right to make a choice, no matter what that choice is. I may be an Obama supporter but my best friend is a McCain supporter and I made sure or should I say harrassed her to make sure she voted!

I don't believe in intimidation from anyone. I hope that if anything that goes on like this elsewhere the police will be there to help.
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breal76 View Post
Everyone has a right to make a choice, no matter what that choice is. I may be an Obama supporter but my best friend is a McCain supporter and I made sure or should I say harrassed her to make sure she voted!
I agree I want everyone to vote. I want the person who America thinks is best for the job wins even if it is not my choice.
I do want my choice to win but fairly and if the other wins I hope that they win fair.
post #5 of 16
Aren't there laws about leaving the entranceway clear? Even in the NH town where I voted there was a cop at the polling place and at least 10 ft clear in all directions from the door.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Aren't there laws about leaving the entranceway clear? Even in the NH town where I voted there was a cop at the polling place and at least 10 ft clear in all directions from the door.
There might be, but I doubt people pay any attention to them. My experience of voting in Philly was that crowds of people stood around outside gossiping, etc., after voting, and I don't recall ever seeing cops at the polling place.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Aren't there laws about leaving the entranceway clear? Even in the NH town where I voted there was a cop at the polling place and at least 10 ft clear in all directions from the door.
I think the laws are in regards to how close people who are still campaigning can be. It doesn't apply to voters who are standing around either before or after voting.
post #8 of 16
He'd look pretty silly after getting his butt kicked with his own nightstick.
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
He'd look pretty silly after getting his butt kicked with his own nightstick.
He was kinda skinny, might be why he had that nightstick.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
and so it begins. In Philadelphia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeD1RcJjAg
well as obama would say,That's Just How black Folks Will Do You. ( if its cool for obama to say white folks will do you , then its ok for me to say black foks)

must be civilian security force Obama is talking about.
trying to follow the election style in his home country of kenya.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
must be civilian security force Obama is talking about.
trying to follow the election style in his home country of kenya.

I think that statement is taking things entirely too far. The "New Black Panthers" were not set up by Obama, and the two have nothing to do with each other. I'm sure lot's of Republicans would love to point fingers and think he hired them personally to intimidate the voters, but do you actually have a scrap of proof that they have ANY ties to one another besides speculation? Not to mention there are no mentioned incidences of any violent behaviour -- only that these men were carrying night sticks and acting tough.

Also, if you're going to make such extreme statements as "trying to follow the election style in his home country of Kenya" maybe you should actually take the time to do some research into the political history of Kenya. One of the few democratic nations in Africa, one of which I have never heard of an incident of voter intimidation during elections.

And last but not least -- Kenya is NOT Barack Obama's home country. It's the United States. In fact, he barely new his Kenyan father and has only visited Kenya a few times.

If you're going to make such extremist statements, do the research first.
post #12 of 16
I was appalled to see a bunch of thuggish looking black guys standing in the turn to the parking lot holding up Obama signs screaming "you'd better vote for the black man." Several people looked at them, turned off their turn signals and drove away. What happened to all this unity we were supposed to have?
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2 View Post
I was appalled to see a bunch of thuggish looking black guys standing in the turn to the parking lot holding up Obama signs screaming "you'd better vote for the black man." Several people looked at them, turned off their turn signals and drove away. What happened to all this unity we were supposed to have?
Did you call the police? And if not, why not?
post #14 of 16
I spoke to the people running the voting and let them handle it. They said they would contact the police. By the time I left, they were gone.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2 View Post
I spoke to the people running the voting and let them handle it. They said they would contact the police. By the time I left, they were gone.
Good job Most states have election laws that specify the distance one has to be from the polls to be "campaigning". It's anywhere from 100 to 500 feet, sometimes from the door, sometimes from the edge of the buildings property.
post #16 of 16
its awful that someone would do these kinds of things. A black family in my neighborhood had their flags burned on the night of the election because they were for Obama. It is so sad. People have been taking flags over and hanging them in their yard in support.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Voter Intimidation