How long did you wait in line to vote?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How long did you have to wait in line to vote in the US election today?

NO FLAMING OF OTHERS OR THE CANDIDATES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I voted 2 weeks ago and I only had to wait for approx 20 minutes. It was a very nice day, though, so I didn't mind.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted absentee, so there was no waiting at all! I got to vote at my leisure, in my pajamas. I always vote absentee. I'm WAY too impatient to wait in those kind of lines.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I am on third this week, I went straight to the voting place right after work. I got there about 10 minutes before they opened and there were probably 30 other people there by the time it opened. I let a bunch of people go in front of me because they had to get to work and I didn't.

I also opted for the paper ballot instead of the ridiculous computer. That way, there is an actual paper record of my vote. The lady didn't know that there was a third page to the paper ballot so she only gave me two pages until I came back and asked her about some of the issues that were supposed to be on the ballot. There were a couple of people that only got to vote two pages and they didn't know about the third because I brought it up after they had gone.

I know that I have watched too many political commercials now because I got home and the neighbor's dog was barking at me and I told her, "Daisy, you say the same thing every day. You need to change your topic. My name is Melissa and I approve this message"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We did not have the option to vote early in Massachusetts, so I just went with Aaron. Longest lines I have ever seen, but we got out of there in about 20 minutes.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was up at the crack of dawn. I walked to my polling place (it's right up the street) and was in, out, and home in less than 20 minutes. I sure hope it picks up as the day wears on! There were people behind me, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Wow I don't think I have ever waited more than 20 mins to vote, but since I now mail my vote it isn't a problem
Me either, but I have heard of people waiting in line for hours to vote.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was really worried when I got there this morning because the line was super long, but less than a half hour later I was voting. They did a great job of keeping things moving. I got ballot #96 at 7:30 AM. I am so glad i did not have to vote in downtown Milwaukee because there were people in line at 5 AM this morning. I have never been so thankful to have a polling place in my neighborhood.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already voted, was supposed to be out of town, but work changed that plan.
anyway, the line was out the door, and wrapped around the fire station.

i called a friend he said he waited about 1 hour

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our polls opened at 6:30. I got there about 6:20 and there were already about 75 people in line. Took about 40 minutes to get inside and actually vote. Could have been been worse I guess.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hell's Kitchen, in midtown Manhattan - about a 45 minute wait at the school which is 1/2 a block from me. This was a little after 7 this morning.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in and out in the time it took me to fill in my ballot. It was about 9:15 and I was the 338th ballot. I was thinking of voting early and I'm glad I didn't. I work in our county/city building and the lines to vote early were always long... I had NO line today.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in VA and was expecting a long wait. Dh wasn't
With how many times the candidates have been in this area in the last month- they've both been here at least 3 times each in the last month- I knew we'd have heavy turnout. ESP living in a military area.

He went in at 6 and it took him 2 hours. The line at this TINY church we vote in (IMHO it's too small for the area) was wrapped around the parking lot, about 1/4 of a mile away.

I went at 9, and waited maybe 40 minutes. And I saw a whole bunch of people I know

My only gripe is that I heard on NPR this morning that if you were over 65 or disabled you were supposed to be able to vote at the curb. There was no such thing at our polling place. And there should have been.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got there at 6:45 and the line was already out the door. It only took 20 minutes after the polls opened at 7, and I was done and on my way to work.