Does anyone remember this book series?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just sitting with the hubby talking about my love of all things horror. And as I was talking I remembered this book series I use to read in the 90's but I can not remember the name of the series.

I was a series much like sweet valley high but was geared towards horror. It all centered around one town. I can remember some of the details of only one book: they were shooting a movie at this house where it was alleged to be haunted and weird things happened" And honestly that is about it as far as what I remember.

i know ,for the most part, that these were not written by Christopher Pike and I know for a fact it was not Goosebumps.

Anyone got a stab at want the series or author name might be?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R. L. Stine wrote other books besides the Goosebumps series. Could it have been Fear Street?

I never read any of his stuff as a kid - when his books started getting popular I was already reading above that level. But I remember my friends read the Fear Street series and some of his other works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it was Fear Street.

After I posted this I looked up Christoper Pike (he had some good ones as well) and followed the bouncing ball and found the series.

I might have to get a few because I did enjoy them when I was younger.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check used book stores and garage sales. Since they were so popular you should be able to find used copies fairly cheap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thursday or Friday I will stop by our library's used book store. Other than that amazon has them listed pretty cheap.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I was going to suggest it might be Fear Street too... I've read quite a few of those... Christopher Pike had some good books too like The Last Vampire series. I love horror novels.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pfft those aren't horror.
Try some Matheson, he actually inspired Stephen King after all.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to read those all the time as a teenager.
I actually collected them and had nearly everyone by the time I went to college. Needless to say, I kind of outgrew them.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

pfft those aren't horror.
Try some Matheson, he actually inspired Stephen King after all.
I haven't read Matheson but King is my favorite author. I also like Dean Koontz although his books are getting a bit trite lately...

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! Fear Street LOL. Now thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a blast from the past. I loved those books.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went from goosebumps ad the likes to stephen king

just as well im not a scardy cat because i have a very vivid imagination and i 'see' the book as im reading - i basically in my mind play a film to the words

wow i forgot i had them books might have to bug my mam and dad to go into their loft and get them out for me

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man, the memories! I think I had the entire collection for a few years running, until I got bit by the Star Wars bug and transferred all my purchasing power towards accumulating as many sci fi books as I could.

From what I've heard, these haven't really stood the test of time unfortunately. My mom took all my goosebumps books et al and put them in her classroom library and the kids don't really read them. Ditto for my old Babysitter's club and sweet valley twins books.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

I went from goosebumps ad the likes to stephen king
So did I! I was reading Goosebumps when I was about 10 or 11 and I started on Stephen King.
I think the first King book I read was Carrie and then Cujo.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oooohhh...I loved the Fear Street books...Lol!
Also read Stephen King alot...I think I liked the Green Mile best...