For Gemlady - Topaz's clone!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Sky. She is a three year old female we have in rescue right now. She came in with her "brother", Jazz, who is a 3 year old orange tabby and white. He had to be pulled and put in foster cuz he reeeeaaallly wasn't doing well. She's hanging in there.

I thought the markings were really unusual and was stunned to note that she looks like Gemlady's Topaz. So, without further ado - here is Sky, the sweetie pie - who lurves people and belly rubs!

See her pretty markings!

Look at the face! blue eyes, too, that sometimes go cross-eyed!

BTW - she is VERY available for adoption. And according to Gemlady and Abymummy, this coloring is called mink and cream tortie and white.

Adrien

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the colouring, its very unique indeed! How cute that her eyes go crossed sometimes. Wonder why its only sometimes? Will it become permanent as she matures... though she looks like she's already full-grown.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Love the colouring, its very unique indeed! How cute that her eyes go crossed sometimes. Wonder why its only sometimes? Will it become permanent as she matures... though she looks like she's already full-grown.
Oh, I think this is her coloring. She is three years old. I
this cat. I really, really wish I could take her home with me, but I would be disowned. I guess we have that in common, eh? Mom doesn't like animals.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes Topaz looks cross-eyed, too! See my siggy image.
And here is a pic showing her blue eyes.

Sky is pretty but I think my Diva would object to sharing her home with another kitty. The one she does share with is bad enough, in her opinion.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow she is gorgeous! And she does have the same coloring as the beautiful Topaz. Very rare coloring I would imagine. Lots of adoption vibes for that beauty.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really does have peachy-cream colored markings mixed in with the brown and black... these piccies were taken with my boyfriend's camera phone so the contrast isn't great. I went to the storefront with my camera and of course, the battery was dead!

Sorry Topaz doesn't want a matching pal. We actually have had trouble placing her because we want her to go with her brother. People are interested in HER, but not in a pair. We had to separate them because he was doing so poorly... but she is still there... it's been at least 2 months.

And we are not doing too many adoptions these days. The economy in Michigan has been so bad for so long and with the auto industry on life support and the stock market in the dumper ... well... you get the picture.

Everyone is struggling these days.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous! I'll be surprised if she doesn't get snapped up in a hurry.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now THAT is a gorgeous moggie! She should be in a cat show, she'd do fantastic if she handles well.
Too bad I don't live closer, I would definitely come take a look at her and consider bringing her home.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Now THAT is a gorgeous moggie! She should be in a cat show, she'd do fantastic if she handles well.
Too bad I don't live closer, I would definitely come take a look at her and consider bringing her home.
Hummmmm.... don't tease me like that! I would bring her to NC - used to live there - in Charlotte! (or meet you in between). I really, really want to get her into a home! She is very sweet, she has come out of her shell in the last couple of months.... a real lap kitty. Loves people, loves attention, being brushed. Loves feather toys. Soft, quiet meow. Don't know how she would do in a show environment. Her confidence is not at a high point being in a cage! I presume you'd show in the household pet category. You'd have to test her out. And she needs to lose a couple lbs. She's gotten kinda chubby in the shelter... happens to 'em... locked up, not enough to do, easy access to food!

Nial, if you're even HALF serious, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

PS - she is a world-class bunter!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Nial, if you're even HALF serious, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

PS - she is a world-class bunter!
I'm am at least half serious. The logistics of getting her here is the hurdle to overcome. Would also need to know how she handles other cats, as she'd be in our home with a Maine Coon and several bengals.

I'll PM you this evening.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I'm am at least half serious. The logistics of getting her here is the hurdle to overcome. Would also need to know how she handles other cats, as she'd be in our home with a Maine Coon and several bengals.

I'll PM you this evening.
Thanks, Nial. I looked up the cattery and the closest major airport is Raleigh, tho' you seem to be closer to Wilmington. It's too far to drive. Did it when I moved back here and it took me two days. I think that's too much for the cat. She is ok with other cats. It would take her some time to adjust regardless.. and the energetic Bengals might put her off for a while. She's a bit intimidated by the kittens in our storefront ... tho she is less "hissy" and "swatty" than she used to be. She is hanging out in the big cage with a year old male who is not her brother, as he was pulled out do to doing poorly. I mean he was REALLY depressed. She missed him and she gets along with this big guy so we put them together. I think she may like your MC, since they are sweet gentle cats.

I don't know if this can happen, but I am thrilled you would take an interest in this little darling.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This cat, Sky, found a home! Whooooo!! With her brother! Whoo Hoooooo!!!

A lady took both of them, so they could be together.

I am sorry for Nial (Kai Bengals) who was interested in taking Sky, but it really is better for the cat and for our oversight to adopt locally.

EDIT to ADD: that lady is going to have a really warm lap this winter!!!

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, yay for Sky!
I'm glad she and her brother will be able to be a forever home together! She is gorgeous and sure to turn alot of heads with that unique coloring and her blue eyes. My Molly has very similar eyes, and they sometimes look crossed, too. I wonder why that is?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

Oh, yay for Sky!
I'm glad she and her brother will be able to be a forever home together! She is gorgeous and sure to turn alot of heads with that unique coloring and her blue eyes. My Molly has very similar eyes, and they sometimes look crossed, too. I wonder why that is?
Not sure WHY re: blue eyes being crossed, but I do know that it is a Siamese trait.

I'm going to miss her. She is a real dolly-girl. But I am happy that she has a home with her bro'.