Here Is My Gang - 11 In All!

drinkmore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Posted here a few times over the years since I was a member. Also been lurking and reading. Since then, my kitty pack has grown. I have 4 dogs and 7 cats. Three cats are not mine. Two of the three belong to my brothers and one belongs to the family. She lives outside. She showed up many years ago and chose us to be her family.

Well, here they are! Any questions just let me know
- Everyone gets along just fine. Please excuse the mess, most of these were taking before and during renovation.

Dogs: Buddy, Rocky, Sarah (female), Tango
Cats: Baby, Kitty (Ash), Isis, Anubis, Osiris (male), Matty & Cuddles* (*not pictured)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drinkmore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Beautiful pix. DH was impressed, too. He was asking if the one cat is a Bengal?
Yes he is. A former friend gave him to me. He paid a hefty price for the little guy too. He said he was not working out with his other cat and they just had a baby and so on. He knew I would take care of him, so I was happy to add him to my "pack".

He is about 4 months away from being 2 years old.

Here is the naming list break down, all cats are female except one.

Black - Anubis
White - Isis
Gray - Kitty (Ash)
Mix - Matty
Bengal - Osiris (male)
Calico - Baby (last picture)
Gray/Black - Cuddles (not pictured)

The dog list is as follows, all dogs are male except for one.

Black - Tango
Tan/Cream - Sarah (female)
Black/Tan - Buddy
Cinnamon/Black Muzzle - Rocky

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a big beautiful gorgeous family

I have a RB calico kitty named Babygirl

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a great bunch!! I love your cat condo-I think I need one of those.

May I ask, how do you keep harmony between all of the cats? I am trying to introduce a newly acquired stray to my group of 4, and I recently took in a 7 year old foster who will stay here until he is adopted from the shelter. I think everyone would be fine except for my oldest female. She can be fine one minute and then the next she is chasing on of the other ones. I have a former feral that I have had for 2 years now and sometimes they are sleeping in the same room together and then, out of nowhere she goes after her. I am so amazed at how many multi cat households have no problems at all, I wish that were true in this one. Although if there were no skirmishes, I would probably adopt more.

Your dogs are beautiful too, I also have a shepard that looks like yours. He is a rescue and has just been the best pet ever!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drinkmore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Your Anubis looks like my Kiira...
What a cute crew!!
You have a picture of yours?
Anubis is a TALKER! That's for sure. She meow's and meow's. Its funny, she will sit there and have a conversation with you. She also loves to play fetch.

Originally Posted by Pami

What a big beautiful gorgeous family

I have a RB calico kitty named Babygirl
Thank you! I love calico's. Especially the black, dark brown ones.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

I
Isis.
I love her too. A short story about how I got her.. she was sitting in the middle of the road just shy of being weaned off her moms milk (we found out from the vet). People were driving over her because they did not want to help. We found her and took her in. Loved her ever since. Her brothers and sisters are still "wild".

Originally Posted by KRZ

What a great bunch!! I love your cat condo-I think I need one of those.

May I ask, how do you keep harmony between all of the cats? I am trying to introduce a newly acquired stray to my group of 4, and I recently took in a 7 year old foster who will stay here until he is adopted from the shelter. I think everyone would be fine except for my oldest female. She can be fine one minute and then the next she is chasing on of the other ones. I have a former feral that I have had for 2 years now and sometimes they are sleeping in the same room together and then, out of nowhere she goes after her. I am so amazed at how many multi cat households have no problems at all, I wish that were true in this one. Although if there were no skirmishes, I would probably adopt more.

Your dogs are beautiful too, I also have a shepard that looks like yours. He is a rescue and has just been the best pet ever!!
I am not sure what to tell you in regards to your situation. I have not dealt with stray or feral cats before. All my cats have been adopted young and got along just fine. There was always an initial 2-7 day "skittish/hiding" period. The cat would hide for the first few days and then slowly start coming out and then more and more. The only cat I adopted that was not a kitten at the time was Osiris (Bengal). He was a year and a half old. Still young, but I was worried how things would turn out.

Well, all the cats gave him his space. Slowly he came out of his shell and now he plays with all the cats and has made himself at home. He was taken in several months back.

We have a quiet houshold, however the cats do get into a scuffle now and again. Not because they are fighting, mainly due to the fact that one cat wants to play, but the cat he/she want's to play with - does not want to play. Most of the time they are over in just a minute. It's more noise than anything. Sometimes Osiris will start picking on Isis. Not sure why but I have to get him away because she will just sit there and growl - yes - growl. Lol. She has decided to stay upstairs for a while as of late.

Other than that - no issues. The cats know their limits and so do the dogs. Dogs don't bother the cats and the cats sometimes sleep/rub against the dogs. Most cats avoid buddy (the Sheppard). He is grouchy. Lol.

All our animals are adopted. I don't think I would ever buy an animal (pure bred). There are too many other nice animals that need homes!

Thank you all for the comments! Please feel free to point me in the direction of your own pics. Would love to see your little guys/gals.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the pics of your pets.
All mine get along well also and I have a new kitten coming next month.
I have pics of mine together if you want to see.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great looking crew!

I currently have 5 (one is "visiting"). The only real problem I have is that Lilly-Rose (permanent PMS) sometimes goes afer the baby, Toby, for no particular reason. No hissing or growling, just goes over and whap smacks him. She used to do it it Tweety, but now it's Toby.

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful! I love your Egyptian naming theme. <3 I wanted to call our cat Teru, after the Egyptian God of Scribes and Writing... but SO wasn't having a bar of it. XD