Mia's Litter! 7 weeks old today! CUTENESS WARNING!

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here they are!! I know it's been a long time, but things have been super busy around here.

And HOLY cow! Why didn't anyone tell me the day they hit 7 weeks they become Holy Terrors!!

I am not sure I am cut out for this!! Here they are out in the living room. We have them in our big kitchen and let them out often, while supervised. ALTHOUGH, the random kitten will either get out them selves, as you will see in another thread I will be posting, OR momma brings them over, one to two at a time.

Late last night, I was watching TV and all of a sudden Wilma, the runt, comes flying at me. Momma had gone in, grabbed her by the scruff while she was sleeping, and DROPPED her on me! lol From a good distance up! Wilma was a bit dazed and confused but we had a good cuddle and I then put her back in bed. Momma did bring Wilma out later in the night though. Both my husbadn and I saw her when we got up in the morning. lol

Here ya go!!

This is the whole brood!

The white one looking at us is Emma, we are keeping her.
Any idea if her eyes will stay blue? They are changing a bit, but I can't tell if they are just getting deeper blue or not. lol She is SO super sweet and a SOLID rock! VERY smart. Gives all the boys a run for their money.

A close up of the snowballs. Emma is the one laying down, Zellie is the one awake. She has a home too now. I met a wonderful man at petco, she will have a little brother named Zohan.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...s/IMG_1816.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...s/IMG_1824.jpg

I will have more pics. Jordan's friend was over yesterday with a REAAALLY nice SLR camera. He got some really great shots of some of them. He will be emailing them soon hopefully...I have video too, but can't figure out how to load it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emma will probably go gold or hazel (gold/green). Since mom has gold eyes and dad is a white (unknown eye color), you can't get a blue eyed white as eye color is gotten from both sides. Now you could stand a chance of her being an odd-eye white - one gold, one blue eye.

They do grow fast don't they? i just realized that in 3 more days, Jack will be a month old already!

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yarra; Emma's eyes don't look blue to me in that picture, but one way you can find out is to take a flash photograph of her eyes, if her eyes reflect red she misses the tapetum lucidum, which indicates she will be blue eyed. Green reflection probably means colored eyes.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Emma will probably go gold or hazel (gold/green). Since mom has gold eyes and dad is a white (unknown eye color), you can't get a blue eyed white as eye color is gotten from both sides. Now you could stand a chance of her being an odd-eye white - one gold, one blue eye.
Emma is white because of the W gene (dominant white). W is not just a colour, it is actually a syndrome that can cause blue eyes and deafness along with depigmentation (white). There is no blue eye gene or deafness gene at work there, it all depends on how much the W-gene expresses itself during the development of a kitten in the uterus.
Some good articles:
http://home.earthlink.net/~featherland/off/white.html

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ton/royrob.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys for all the advice and compliments!

Emma's eyes do reflect blue/green with a flash. SO it looks like she will either have green eyes, hazel or gold? Is that right? Either way, I got my white kitty said a big prayer for.

Momma keeps digging my bras out of the dirty laundry and dragging them into the kitchen!!?!?!?! Well, just one bra in particular. I had left it on the sofa one night...lol...and found her sleeping on it in the middle of the night.

This morning, I found it in the middle of the kitchen floor!!! I was late for work, so i just threw it onto the sofa and stormed out the door.

Got home today, and the bra is BACK in the kitchen! What the heck!! lol

SO, here's the big question...

Who wants a kitten!!!

No seriously...any takers. lol

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I WANT a kitten!!!
but Eric would not be so happy about that! They are all too cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

Any of them going to be longer haired?

Leslie
They all seem to be pretty short hair'd. The other white on is pretty fuzzy though, She might be a medium.

Moma is single coated and VERY soft and shiney. She hardly sheds. I hope the babies get this gene!

sweetkara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh if I lived closer I would buy one! They are adorable!