I am so upset....

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...and I yelled at my husband. NOT like it was his fault, but he didn't even try to stop it.

I split a 44oz cherry coke all over the driver's side floor of my BMW 7series.

I AM SOOOOOO SAD!!

I was turning a corner off the freeway, and it was dark, corner was sharper than I thought. Coke was sitting next to me on the console, and BOOP! Over it went in slow motion. I couldn't take my hands off the wheel to grab it, I got mad at my hubby because he saw it, but didn't even TRY to grab it. (He hates when I have drinks in the car)

SIGH.

I keep trying not to blame him, it totally wasn't his fault, but my mind keep saying, "If he wasn't so selfish, he could have driven my car himself, he didn't NEED me to go with him, he just hates driving the 7 series. I should have gone the way I wanted to go home, not HIS way. And he could have grabbed it, but didn't to teach me a lesson!" Arg!

I hate this energy, but I am so upset I ruined my beautiful carpet. I don't even know what to do with it now. He is not being any help either. I finally told him to just hush about the whole thing, because it is not his fault and I want to stop thinking that it is....so just SHHHH.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It only takes a few minutes to clean up though and it won't even leave a mark on the carpet if you get it before it sets and stains!

What year is the car?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
okay.

Everything happens for a reason.

I have just spent the last ten minutes in tears reading other threads about peoples children that are having terrible difficulties, people loosing jobs left and right, kittens that are dying due to neglect from idiotic owners and the selfless people who are loving and trying everything in their power to save these babies.

Screw my carpet.

It's a car.

It will live.

My thoughts, prayers and vibes go out to you all who are dealing with MUCH more than a cherry coke soaked driver's side carpet...

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's ok to be pissed. sadness is a relative feeling and yours is just as important as anyone else's. Don't get down on yourself.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No matter what is going on in your life, someone will have worse issues than yours. Puts life in perspective, but it doesn't make your issue any less valid in your life.

Do what you can to make the situation right. You've apologized to your husband. That's good.
Go out with some paper towels and carpet cleaner, if you have some on hand, and clean it up as good as you can tonight. Then take it to a detailing place tomorrow and have them shampoo the carpet for you. If there's a stain, then you already realize that it is "just a car" and it's not the end of the world (since you already put it in perspective just by reading threads here
). If not, problem solved.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

...Screw my carpet.

It's a car.

It will live.

My thoughts, prayers and vibes go out to you all who are dealing with MUCH more than a cherry coke soaked driver's side carpet...
Bless your heart! I've had that same thought so often -- sometimes about the petty complaints of others, and sometimes about the petty complaints of me.

But it's okay, hon... we're all at different points in life from day to day, and maybe it's kinda nice for those in serious crisis to be reminded that there will come a time when they'll have nothing worse than a stained carpet to deal with.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

It only takes a few minutes to clean up though and it won't even leave a mark on the carpet if you get it before it sets and stains!

What year is the car?
It's black carpet, so it won't be too bad. I am just going to have to get it shampoo-ed I guess to get the sticky out.

It's a 2001 740iL. (an e38 if you are an enthusist)

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but... 44 ounces? That's 154 grams of high fructose corn syrup... maybe it's better off on the carpet than in one's body?

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/4269/nutrition.html
no offense taken.

I am on currently loosing weight. Have lost 150lbs to this date. It's taken two years, but it's come off. I have quite a bit left to go.

Coke, mayo and butter are three big things still in my diet, and I am not willing to give them up until I hit a plateau. I work hard at getting out and moving and making sure I eat good lean protein and veggies.

I am addicted to food. I have to be careful. If I abstain from everything, I binge. I have to take it slow. I give myself one day a week to eat whatever I want and not feel guilty. I work very hard at eating healthy the other 6 days of the week. With this process, I rarely binge. Today was my free day, Saturdays are. Otherwise, it would have been a 44 oz diet coke!

Mmmmm Aspartame!

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

maybe it's kinda nice for those in serious crisis to be reminded that there will come a time when they'll have nothing worse than a stained carpet to deal with.
You might have hit the nail on the head here.

I have PLENTY more to worry about than sticky carpet...and here I was wasting all this energy on the carpet.

I am sure it was mis-directed stress. I have had my head in the sand like an ostrich on a few things, my marriage for one, and evidently needed to feel some emotions about something! The carpet was easy.

*sigh*

It will be ok. It just sucks. I have hardly any energy to take care of the normal "life" things. Now I have to shampoo my carpet. LOL It's HOT out there!!

thank you for the kind words.

On a lighter note, I was relaxing, watching Food Network and Moma brought little Wilma to me! Plucked the poor thing by the neck, from her sleeping nest of litter mates, jumped over the kitchen barrier with her, and DROPPED her from the top of the couch, down on to the seat next to me.

If I hadn't seen the whole thing, I would have SWORN she threw her at me!

So I had a good pet with Wilma, the 7 week old runt.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WOW on the weight loss. You deserve a lot of credit, that is very hard work.
About the car, Spot Shot works great for getting up cat vomit (fortunately not so much since Wyatt's
passing). Even if it has been there some time (like when they do it in a place you don't look at too often).

I remember when I bought a new car and drove over to show it off to my brother. He spilled BEER on the passenger's side. BEER in my NEW car! We weren't even in the car, just looking at it!

As someone else already said, it's all relative to where you are in your life. We all need to get angry and sad sometimes. It makes us realize how good the good stuff is.