What does everyone want for the holidays?????

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This year, like most years, I am having a hard time coming up with what I want for Christmas. When anyone asks me what I want, I have to tell them "I don't know". I dont need anything and there isn't anything that I REALLY want.

I just bought a PlayStation2 and a XBox and my brother is getting a PlayStation3 for Christmas and I have a Nintendo DS, so I guess I could ask for games for them...But...

So maybe you could help me out. I was thinking that maybe if I asked you all what you wanted, maybe it would give me some ideas. SO....What is everyone asking for??????????

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the last few years i have run out of ideas really. I can buy what i need (if it costs less than a house or car lol). But i only thought of two things that i told mum and grandma. A new quilt cover. The one i have atm is a satin type cover and the quilt keeps moving about inside which is annoying to keep re-arranging.

I also asked for a kilt pin, preferably one actually made in Scotland, double preferably if it is actually old..vintage...second hand..the older the better. If they can't find one, i will have to buy it for myself off Ebay!

Oh yes, and Tristan bought me my early Christmas present last week which i couldn't wait for, a green ipod shuffle.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't exchange gifts with my family or friends. In fact the only gifts I'm buying this year are for my Secret Santa here.

So far as what I want? The only thing I really want is to get back to my job and back on the payroll. However, Chynna and Abby are more than likely going to buy me a new purse

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want some free time! And they don't sell it anywhere

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A few things I want a a few things that would make life easier. I want a wii fit really bad and I want the Twilight series books and I want a day planner and I want a swiffer vac and I want a crock pot and a food processor and a thing that you can weigh food on to separate things into portions. and thats it. Well thats a lot and I know for a fact that I will not get it all but that is what I want.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like some make up and this comfortable hoodie. I really need a sleeve and keyboard? protector for my old dinosaur lap top

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
World Peace, lol!

Barring that....I really don't need anything, but I'd love to have the extra money to help a couple of families who are having troubles this year to have a nice Christmas!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not in the mood this year for christmas and it will be hard to celebrate this year. All I really want is my mom back. Nothing else matters. They are just "things".

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are always so broke this time of year that we don't do gifts. We cook a nice meal and hang out together. I have a tradition of feeding feral cats if I know where there are any.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What do I want for Christmas? I want a job so I can help others instead of them having to help me! Oh, and a new family (mine drives me crazy, they are all so self-absorbed, the ones related, not the ones I've chosen).

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wyatturpsmom

What do I want for Christmas? I want a job so I can help others instead of them having to help me! Oh, and a new family (mine drives me crazy, they are all so self-absorbed, the ones related, not the ones I've chosen).
My heart goes out to you. Both of my parents have Narcissistic Personality Disorder and my childhood was a hell. Just in case it might help, have you seen these links?

Traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/traits.html#gift

"If you had a narcissist for a parent, you lived in a world governed by whim enforced without mercy."
http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/six.html

from the Mayo Clinic:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nar...sorder/DS00652

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I'm not in the mood this year for christmas and it will be hard to celebrate this year. All I really want is my mom back. Nothing else matters. They are just "things".
I know what you mean. My grandma died of Alzheimers on January 2nd of this year, so this will be the first Christmas without her. My gandparents raised me since I was 9 months old, so its like my mom died too.

It will be especially hard on my grandpa. They were married for 57 years 6 months and 2 days, but were inseperable since the 3rd grade.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for me, I just want for Ben's meds to work and that his behavior at school improves so that he will not be suspended again.

But for us, there are 8 days of Chanukah so the gift thing gets complicated. We really only give the kids presents for most of the nights (some gifts are expensive so the kids know that they are for multiple nights). We always give the kids clothes on one of the nights.

Now, Jenny was born on 12/15 and Ben on 12/19 so we have the birthday issue as well. Jenny works at Barnes and Noble during breaks and in the summer. We get her gift cards or just order her books. We get her gift cards to get clothes, makeup, etc. because she will be 22 this December.

We got a WII Fit for Ben because you buy them whenever you can find them. He already knows that it will be for his birthday and for a few nights of Chanukah.

As for DH, he buys all the gadgets he wants during the year, so I usually just buy him a sweater. He lost his wedding ring this year so we got a new one which is enough for Chanukah.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really need anything, but I wouldn't mind getting a new flat iron.

Also, I desperately need new clothes!! But noone likes to buy clothes for other people.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want a Nintendo DS, and there are a couple of lenses for my camera that I want. Of course, I'll get none of that.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a 100-300 gallon salt water aquarium for Christmas!!!! That's probably my dream gift! I devote soo much time already to the tank that I have now- it would be awesome to have a larger tank so that I can care for more beautiful fish, and really just enjoy a gorgeous new(or heck, even used!) tank! I've already got a spot in the house picked out to put it in too
Given the expense of one though, I doubt that'll happen

I would also love a gift card to my local Lush store
At the end of the day though, it really doesn't matter...I think the thought that goes into giving something to someone you love matters more than the gift you give.