TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › BO's aunt is here illegally
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BO's aunt is here illegally - Page 3  

post #61 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Not a major city, just a small-to-medium-dump like so many others in NH. And I've seen plenty of examples. The daughter of Jehovah's witnesses who's figured out that as a single mom she can get free tuition at the local community college so she pretends to take classes just to find more guys to have sex with. Or the two daughters of bible thumpers who are proud of the fact that they've figured out how to stay home, do nothing except make babies at taxpayers expense. Oh and the proud family man/father who deliberately stopped paying the mortgage after he refinanced his house for more than what it was worth. He was out of work for a year and bought himself a new car - my husband and I were wondering where the heck he got the cash. Later we found out. His house went on the auction block after the bank foreclosed a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't even care- maybe he'll file for bankruptcy-his attitude is to let the "system" pay for his lifestyle. He doesn't seem to care that the "system" is actually his neighbors.

I'm more than a little fed up with it and would like to see these Republican bums get up off their hind ends and get a job and not expect a free ride from people like me who work hard and always have. My husband and I do not live high off the hog but then again we pay as we go - not max out credit card debt and be a drain on the system.
I am fed up with them also. I SURE don't want to spread my wealth to them.
I heard they all changed their voter registrations to Obama for this election.

Sorry 2dog, everyone knows the Democratic party is the give-away party.
They keep poor people poor then buy their votes. It is pretty much a well known fact.
post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I am fed up with them also. I SURE don't want to spread my wealth to them.
I heard they all changed their voter registrations to Obama for this election.

Sorry 2dog, everyone knows the Democratic party is the give-away party.
They keep poor people poor then buy their votes. It is pretty much a well known fact.
Not sure how anyone would know how another person voted anyway: if you were on the take and benefitted from the Dems, wouldn't you say the opposite so others would think the Republicans were the problem and then they'd vote Dem too?
post #63 of 81
It's true that you never know how somone actually voted. But I don't think was was about trying to influence how my husband or I vote. The last time we had anything to do with this crowd was between 6 months to two years (different people). And it was more like they were bragging about all the goodies their daughters were getting. They see it as an entitlement. My husband and I were doing our best not to get up and leave in disgust so as not to ruin a get-together. Now we only hear about what they are up to if we run into them in town or my second stepdaughter does.

I don't think these people are "benefiting from the Dems." A culture has developed where it's considered something honorable to have babies out of wedlock. I don't want to see a return to the days where pregnant girls left town or were shamed for the rest of their lives, but I don't exactly see getting knocked up as something to brag about either. This is where the right-to-lifers have gone with it around here and I cannot see them ever voting for a Democrat - especially not with Palin championing the right-to-life aspect the way she has in this election.
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
It's true that you never know how somone actually voted. But I don't think was was about trying to influence how my husband or I vote. The last time we had anything to do with this crowd was between 6 months to two years (different people). And it was more like they were bragging about all the goodies their daughters were getting. They see it as an entitlement. My husband and I were doing our best not to get up and leave in disgust so as not to ruin a get-together. Now we only hear about what they are up to if we run into them in town or my second stepdaughter does.

I don't think these people are "benefiting from the Dems." A culture has developed where it's considered something honorable to have babies out of wedlock. I don't want to see a return to the days where pregnant girls left town or were shamed for the rest of their lives, but I don't exactly see getting knocked up as something to brag about either. This is where the right-to-lifers have gone with it around here and I cannot see them ever voting for a Democrat - especially not with Palin championing the right-to-life aspect the way she has in this election.
It sounds to me as though it's not so much an issue of whether those folks are democrat or republican so much as it's about them being "white trash".

Who is in power right now that they are reaping these benefits from?

Folks like that can be found in pretty much every town if you look in that part of town.
post #65 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
It sounds to me as though it's not so much an issue of whether those folks are democrat or republican so much as it's about them being "white trash".

Who is in power right now that they are reaping these benefits from?

Folks like that can be found in pretty much every town if you look in that part of town.
You took the words out of my mouth, but anybody who dares say it is bound to be labeled an "elitist". Or an "atheist" .

How did the extremists gain so much power? Watergate?
post #66 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
You took the words out of my mouth, but anybody who dares say it is bound to be labeled an "elitist". Or an "atheist" .

How did the extremists gain so much power? Watergate?
Don't drink anything before you read the following post. I'm about to blow your mind.

Nixon was the first to get caught. Watergate, in the grand scheme of things that politicians have done, is small potatoes.

As for Obama's aunt. This story smells. I mean REALLY smells. She had an asylum case, and those are not public knowledge for a very good reason. I am now very worried for her safety if she is returned to Kenya.

It seems almost irresponsible for a news paper to publish this story. There is a reason she petitioned the US Government for asylum, and we should respect that. There is also a reason that she stayed after it was denied. It's possible the woman was terrified to return to her home country. We should also respect the fact that she didn't ask Obama for help. Had he gotten involved in her case it could have turned the whole thing into a bigger mess than it already is.
post #67 of 81
I read all of these posts and I just shake my head! I come from a very large family - my dad had 14 siblings and my mom had 10. They went on to have many more children so that my paternal grandmother alone has over 86 grandchildren. I have FIRST cousins I've never met and would not know if I fell over them. Am I responsible for them? I hardly think so. I do, however, feel some responsibility to my immediate family such as my brothers, parents and any other family members that I've kept close relationships with. I know the family close to me do not draw on the welfare system, but I sure don't know if any of those other 86 cousins or 60+ second-cousins do. If they do I sure don't feel any responsibility for them. That's just crazy! More political mumbo-jumbo. He said, she said, they said! It's just nuts!
post #68 of 81
Random thought here. Anybody know where Joe Biden is today?
post #69 of 81
Thread Starter 
Having his hair shellacked for the big party tomorrow?
post #70 of 81
I certainly don't agree with the "white trash" comment at all. Very disrespectful to even guess the race of the people being discussed, IMO. There are many people in this Country and many others that take advantage of the system, and to classify any of them as any color of "trash" is inappropriate, IMO.
post #71 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
I read all of these posts and I just shake my head! I come from a very large family - my dad had 14 siblings and my mom had 10. They went on to have many more children so that my paternal grandmother alone has over 86 grandchildren. I have FIRST cousins I've never met and would not know if I fell over them. Am I responsible for them? I hardly think so. I do, however, feel some responsibility to my immediate family such as my brothers, parents and any other family members that I've kept close relationships with. I know the family close to me do not draw on the welfare system, but I sure don't know if any of those other 86 cousins or 60+ second-cousins do. If they do I sure don't feel any responsibility for them. That's just crazy! More political mumbo-jumbo. He said, she said, they said! It's just nuts!
Ummmm, Baracko is the one who said he is responsible for them. In his own words in his own book. Unless some phantom penned his book.
Or, as is more likely, he didn't mean a word of what he wrote in that book.

I do agree that what Barack says is political mumbo-jumbo. You cannot believe one word that comes out of that man's mouth.

He doesn't give two hoots and a holler about his destitute relatives, that is proven by his total lack of help to them.
He doesn't give two hoots about the poor, he can't even be bothered to give more than a pittance to charity.

Why does anyone think he will help anyone.

A Democratic President with a huge filibuster poof majority in the House and in the Senate. You think this guy is going to help the economy?
Because if you do I got a bridge in the desert I can sell you.
post #72 of 81
Hmmm.....not that anyone probably cares at this point... but here you go.

http://spectator.org/archives/2008/1...nis-protectors

Senior aides to Sen. Barack Obama and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick were aware that Obama's aunt, Zeituni Onyango, was living in the United States illegally and in a South Boston public-housing project, and were monitoring her at the request of senior Obama campaign officials, according to a current employee for Obama's key political consulting firm, AKP&D Message and Media.

Back in early 2007, as Obama's chief campaign strategist David Axelrod was organizing and planning the Obama campaign, he identified Obama's unique family situation -- a number of half-brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, some living overseas -- as a potential problem, says an employee for Axelrod's political consulting firm, and who has done work on the Obama campaign. "Given [Obama's] father's family history here and in Africa, David wanted the campaign to know who was who, where they lived, and what they were doing. No surprises. We knew she was here illegally. We knew her income levels, but I don't think anyone from the campaign had had contact with her."

post #73 of 81
So, here's the question. How should have he gotten involved in her asylum case? Should he have written the judge? Should he have petitioned the Federal Government? Should he have sent her money?

These questions put him in a Catch 22. Had he gotten involved the story would go something like this: Obama assists aunt in immigration case, Congress demands investigation, or Obama petitioned Federal Government in aunt's immigration case, Congress demands investigation, or Obama sends illegal immigrant aunt money, Congress demands investigation.

Any kind of assistance in her case would have involved some sort of abuse of power issue.
post #74 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
So, here's the question. How should have he gotten involved in her asylum case? Should he have written the judge? Should he have petitioned the Federal Government? Should he have sent her money?

These questions put him in a Catch 22. Had he gotten involved the story would go something like this: Obama assists aunt in immigration case, Congress demands investigation, or Obama petitioned Federal Government in aunt's immigration case, Congress demands investigation, or Obama sends illegal immigrant aunt money, Congress demands investigation.

Any kind of assistance in her case would have involved some sort of abuse of power issue.
She's been here like 6 years, which was at least a few years before he started running for POTUS. Much less attention would have been drawn to it then, IMO, and certainly less than now. Especially if the campaign knew and was hoping to hide the whole thing.
post #75 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
She's been here like 6 years, which was at least a few years before he started running for POTUS. Much less attention would have been drawn to it then, IMO, and certainly less than now. Especially if the campaign knew and was hoping to hide the whole thing.
So, a judge gets a letter written by Senator, on behalf of his aunt and he doesn't say anything? This would have been a big deal. Heck, Ted Stevens was investigated for less.

It would have been an abuse of power investigation.
post #76 of 81
I find the whole thing very reassuring. Someone that won't help their own family break the law, certainly isn't going to help any "associates" with any kind of mischief
post #77 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
So, a judge gets a letter written by Senator, on behalf of his aunt and he doesn't say anything? This would have been a big deal. Heck, Ted Stevens was investigated for less.

It would have been an abuse of power investigation.
Which if BHO would just freakin' answer questions and give documentation to, people couldn't go on and on speculating.

Just like with the whole birth certificate, Bill Ayers, etc. situations.

Being proactive instead of reactive goes a long way.
post #78 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
So, here's the question. How should have he gotten involved in her asylum case? Should he have written the judge? Should he have petitioned the Federal Government? Should he have sent her money?

These questions put him in a Catch 22. Had he gotten involved the story would go something like this: Obama assists aunt in immigration case, Congress demands investigation, or Obama petitioned Federal Government in aunt's immigration case, Congress demands investigation, or Obama sends illegal immigrant aunt money, Congress demands investigation.

Any kind of assistance in her case would have involved some sort of abuse of power issue.
It doesn't make any difference what he would have done because the people who are against him will percieve it as a wrongdoing. They will continue to insult him and call him names.

For months I have received emails almost daily trashing Obama. I fact-check these. Some of them are complete lies. Most are taken out of context or grossly exagerrated. Sure, some are true. No one is perfect. Not our current president, any past president, or any candidate. McCain's temperment is questionable.

I was undecided until the 2nd debate. I back Obama on several of my priority issues, but I admit that to some extent the mudslinging has helped me make up my mind. You can't sling mud without getting your hands dirty.
post #79 of 81
All over the internet I have seen people trashing John McCain, even going to far as to disparage his incarceration at the Hanoi Hilton.

It goes both ways Rockcat. Both hands are dirty.
post #80 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
All over the internet I have seen people trashing John McCain, even going to far as to disparage his incarceration at the Hanoi Hilton.

It goes both ways Rockcat. Both hands are dirty.
I don't get daily emails trashing McCain. I haven't seen the one you're referring to. I agree that that is horrible.
post #81 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat View Post
It doesn't make any difference what he would have done because the people who are against him will percieve it as a wrongdoing. They will continue to insult him and call him names.

For months I have received emails almost daily trashing Obama. I fact-check these. Some of them are complete lies. Most are taken out of context or grossly exagerrated. Sure, some are true. No one is perfect. Not our current president, any past president, or any candidate. McCain's temperment is questionable.

I was undecided until the 2nd debate. I back Obama on several of my priority issues, but I admit that to some extent the mudslinging has helped me make up my mind. You can't sling mud without getting your hands dirty.
This whole pre-election stuff has gone beyond stupid and silly to downright inane. Everyone will have their own reasons for voting for or not voting for a candidate - there's no need for all the mud-slinging.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › BO's aunt is here illegally