Question of the Day Nov 1st

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you keep in touch with Childhood friends?

I choose this question mainly because my friend Vivian just called me to see if I could stop by this week for dinner. Vivian and I have been friends since kindergarten. We have been friends for so long we have those half sentence conversations, where I will start to say something and she will answer me before I even finish what I am saying. It is kind of cool...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a girlfriend that I've known since kindergarten. She's moved all over the country (left our hometown in 11th grade) but we always get together when she comes "home".
My best friend & I have known each other since 9th grade; we get together for lunch once a month & keep in touch by emails & phone calls the rest of the time.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I keep in touch with my two best friends to this day. One my family has known before either of us were born, and the other I have known since I was 3. We still get together for lunch occasionally and this December me and one of them are making a trip out to California for the first time ever!!!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We moved about once a year when I was growing up, so there aren't too many friends that I've had very lasting relationships with. I do have one friend, though, that I've known my whole life. Her dad was my dad's best friend. We do keep in touch, and I'm going to her baby shower in a couple weeks.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two, one I met in 5th grade, the other we met in 8th grade......two of us spent two years in college together, and although one has moved to Maryland, we all still get together when she and her husband come home for Thanksgiving/Christmas.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
None from my childhood; one from high school, though our contacts are somewhat sporadic, which is mostly my fault, since I have always been a lousy correspondent.

angelwing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I still keep in touch with high school and quite a few kindergarten friends, actually. And people I worked with as a teenager. I'm only 22 though, but I plan on keeping in touch with most of them in some way.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One I have pretty much kept in touch with since I met her when I was 5 years old. My other best friend, I lost touch with, but recently found again on Myspace.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DeeDee and I have been friends since 7th grade (about 37-ish years.) After we became friends, we found out that her mom used to be my dad's babysitter! She lives in North Carolina now, but we stay in close touch via e-mail and phone calls. She visits Michigan every summer for her family reunion. This past summer we did a wine tasting tour of the Leelanau Penninsula, in northern lower Michigan. We try to get away and do fun, girly things, like shopping and chick flicks, etc., when she comes home. She's the kind of friend who would drop everything at a moment's notice to help me out....and she knows that I'd do the same for her.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My one friend I have known since I was 2. Our moms played softball together and they are still friends as well. Jenny got married a few years ago and I bawled my eyes out at her wedding. She had a baby last year and he is GORGEOUS! We don't see each other as often as we would like but she is going to make plans to see our house when Travis and I move in

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Do you keep in touch with Childhood friends?
I didn't use to until I was working in a call center one day and one of my child hood friends mom called in and she gave me her info. THen from there I just got in touch with a few more of them.

meezersmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have kept in touch with my very first friend, we were kindergartners living nextdoor to each other, 48 years ago--(oops, gave away my age!)--she had 3 brothers, no sisters, and we proclaimed ourselves "Best Friends Forever". I guess it's kind of a "sacred" thing between us, because I moved away from the neighborhood, just a few years later, but no matter how many states divided us, we have kept in contact by sending Christmas cards with a letter each year. My only regret is that we didn't stay closer than that.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

DeeDee and I have been friends since 7th grade (about 37-ish years.) After we became friends, we found out that her mom used to be my dad's babysitter! She lives in North Carolina now, but we stay in close touch via e-mail and phone calls. She visits Michigan every summer for her family reunion. This past summer we did a wine tasting tour of the Leelanau Penninsula, in northern lower Michigan. We try to get away and do fun, girly things, like shopping and chick flicks, etc., when she comes home. She's the kind of friend who would drop everything at a moment's notice to help me out....and she knows that I'd do the same for her.
Do I know DeeDee? Just curious.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Me and my best friend, Vanessa have been friends ever since the 5th grade.
So we've been really close friends for 12 years.