Spotlight Member of the week 10/31-11/07 *Tari*

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I had an interesting week in the Spotlight but now it is time to pass it along.

Tari was the second person to volunteer lastweek so it only seems fitting that it be her turn now..

So to get you started Tari here are some questions for you.

Have you ever visited Canada?
Are you single or married, do you have children?
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite season?
If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
Do you collect anything?
Have you always just had cats for pets, if the answer is no what other animals have you had?
What is your favorite movie and why?
Do you have a favorite quotation?
Which famous person alive or passed would you like to meet?
What is your favorite holiday?
What is the one thing you would change about yourself?
Do you prefer heels or flats?
How many purses do you Have?

Have fun being in the spotlight.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I know you have been to Massachusetts, so I can't ask you that one.
Have you ever been to Rhode Island?

Favorite dessert?

We're all coming over for dinner.
What will we be eating and drinking? Is the house clean? Where are the cats?

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oooh!

This is fun! How did I ever miss this thread series!!! I can't wait to read her answers!

Hmmm, since we are coming over for dinner, where is your house? 2nd on the right? 3rd on the left? The yellow one with a big wrap around porch with a VW beetle in the drive?? I need landmarks...it's how I roll.

Oh! And is there a sonic nearby? I would like to buy everyone a slushy.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everybody. I'm so excited to be in the spotlight this week!
OK, here goes:

Have you ever visited Canada?
Yep. I've actually been to a lot of places in Canada because we sometimes have business meetings up there. I LOVE Vancouver and Whistler, and especially Jasper. It's a looooonnnnnnnggggg drive up to Jasper, but totally worth it!

Are you single or married, do you have children?
I'm married, with one adult stepson. He's 23 and goes to college in Boston.

What is your favorite food?
Chocolate!

What is your favorite season?
I like having the variety of living in a place that has changing seasons, so there's something to like about all of them. My favorite, though, is autumn. There's something about the starting-to-get-chilly weather and the harvest time that's always appealed to me.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
The Chicago area. It's home, and it's pretty easy to travel from here to anywhere.

Do you collect anything?
I collect refrigerator magnets from the places I've been. Tacky, I know, but my friend and I started this as kind of a contest years ago. We were neck and neck for a while, then I started traveling for work. Now I've totally won. I also collect cows (my kitchen is decorated with them) and Santas for Christmastime.

Have you always just had cats for pets, if the answer is no what other animals have you had?
I've had all sorts of pets. As a kid we had dogs, chameleons, a cat, parakeets, fish...at different times, not all at once. As an adult I've had a rabbit, a cockatiel, and now a parakeet.

What is your favorite movie and why?
The Princess Bride - it's hilarious and it's got a little bit of everything...romance, drama, adventure, comedy...plus you get to look at Cary Elwes for an hour and a half...what's not to love?

Do you have a favorite quotation?
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." (Now if I could only learn to follow it.
)

Which famous person alive or passed would you like to meet?
There are so many...but mostly I guess it would be Mikhail Baryshnikov. He's what inspired me to start dancing many, many years ago.

What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

What is the one thing you would change about yourself?
Physically, my weight...emotionally, I'd cry less easily

Do you prefer heels or flats?
Depends on what I'm doing. For work, heels. On the weekends, flats.

How many purses do you Have?
I'm not really sure. DH would say "way too many".
There are at least 20.

Have you ever been to Rhode Island?
Not yet

Favorite dessert?
Chocolate cake

We're all coming over for dinner. What will we be eating and drinking? Is the house clean? Where are the cats?
Hmm...let's see. For dinner I'd probably serve my favorite chicken recipe, Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic, with mashed potatoes and veggies and french bread. For dessert, I'd make you a homemade apple pie. We'd have some of my favorite Viognet for the wine drinkers, and some homemade lemonade for the nondrinkers. How clean the house is would depend on how recently my cleaning lady had been here.
If you're coming today it's really clean because she just left. Forest and Tailer would greet everyone at the door. Forest would then retreat to the landing over the living room where he could keep an eye on everyone without having to worry about getting stepped on, and Tailer would then find the person who likes cats the least and snuggle up with them. They'd stay there until the chicken was served...then Tailer would be in the middle of the table and Forest would be begging from the floor.

Baths or Showers?
We have kind of a small bathtub here, so it's usually showers. I love long soaks in the bathtub, though, so I usually manage to sneak one in whenever I'm staying in a hotel with a nice big tub.

Tea or Coffee?
I like both, but usually drink tea.

Have you ever lied on a job resume?
Yes. I put that I had an associate's degree, even though I really was one credit short.

Hmmm, since we are coming over for dinner, where is your house? 2nd on the right? 3rd on the left? The yellow one with a big wrap around porch with a VW beetle in the drive?? I need landmarks...it's how I roll.
We're on a pretty main street, so it's easy to find. We're the second house from the corner. It's the smallish white split-level house with a huge spider currently hanging over the front door and the pool in the back yard.

Oh! And is there a sonic nearby? I would like to buy everyone a slushy.
No Sonics near us, but we can walk up to the White Hen after dinner for slushies...it's only a block away.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever been to California?
Do you eat Organic Foods?
Do you like cats or dogs better?
What is your area famouse for?
What is your favorite weather?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever been to California?
Yep. In fact, the last trip I was on was to San Diego. We had our honeymoon there as well. I've also been to LA, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and Napa/Sonoma.

Do you eat Organic Foods?
Not in any sort of terribly organized way. I try to buy organic fruits, veggies, and meats when they're available. It's easier to find them now that there's a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods near work. I just wish Whole Foods wasn't quite so expensive.

Do you like cats or dogs better?
It's hard to say...I love them both. I pretty much love all animals, though. Probably cats, because I admire their independent nature.

What is your area famouse for?
I'm in the Chicago area, so I'd probably have to say gangsters and losing sports teams.

What is your favorite weather?
We're having it today...sunny and low 70s. Warm enough to run around outside without a jacket, but no so hot you're sweating.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
pen or pencil?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Tari!....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs…
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know México?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about Mérida Yucatán México???? Is the place where I´m live!
As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!

Here´s the link my friend….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/

Enought for NOW,
....see you around my friend...

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pen or pencil?
Pen, usually

How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Did DH put you up to asking this one?
I have exactly 55 pairs. I know this because DH has instituted an inventory-neutral policy on shoes. Any time I get a new pair I have to get rid of one.

1.- ¿Do you to know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?…as a country or as a city?
Yep. I've been to Mexico, the country. I've never been to Mexico City.

2.- ¿Wich part exactly? are you came by business or by vacations?
I was in Cancun for a business meeting. It was a pretty quick trip...only two days...but I hope to get back there when I can have some time to relax on that gorgeous beach!

3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico???? Is the place where I´m live! As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!
Yep. I saw the signs to Merida when I was in Cancun, and I thought of you. I didn't get to see Chichen Itza, but some other members of our group did and they loved it.

4.- Can you speak spanish?
Muy poco. I took Spanish in school. For a while I could speak it pretty well. When I worked in the restaurant I had a deal with some of the Mexican cooks that I'd help them with their English and they'd help me with my Spanish. They pretty much just taught me how to swear.
I find when I'm in Mexico or Puerto Rico that I can understand it more than I can speak it.

5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
Yep. I love flamenco guitar music and have several CDs.

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
We rented "The Orphanage" two weeks ago, which has Spanish dialogue and English subtitles. It was a really good movie.

7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
I LOVE Mexican food. I like pretty much any kind, but my absolute favorite was the Yucatan food that I had in Cancun. (We went to this restaurant: http://www.lahabichuela.com/.)

8.-Do you like the Tequila?...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
Yes, I like tequila. I pretty much stick to it in margaritas now, though. The last time I drank straight tequila I ended up dancing on the stage with the band.

9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
Yes, when I was little one of my uncles had one in his back yard. We used to fight over who got to get in it.

10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
Not in person, but when I was little one of my favorite toys was this little china doll who was dressed in traditional Mexican clothes. She was so pretty I'd hide her from my brothers so they couldn't do anything to her.

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach) ( here´s the link my friend: )
Yep. I was there...wish I was there today.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
01. Where's your favourite spot to vacation?

02. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

03. When you have a song stuck in your head, what do you do to get rid of it?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the spotlight, some random questions from me

Do you think Blondes really have more fun?

If you could sit next to anyone on an airplane, who would it be?

Who was the first person you kissed?

Who was your favorite teacher and why?

If you could live in any city in the world where would it be?

If you could instantly change one thing in the world, what would it be?

What is your favorite cereal?

Do you like Sports?

Will you be getting a new kitty soon?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today
....The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where's your favourite spot to vacation?
Hmmm...there are so many great places I've been to on business that I'd love to take DH to on vacation. It's hard to pick...but I'll say the Big Island, Hawaii.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A ballerina

When you have a song stuck in your head, what do you do to get rid of it?
My brother swears you have to listen to it, but that never works for me. I usually just let it run its course. Usually in time it gets replaced by another (usually more annoying
) song.

Congrats on the spotlight, some random questions from me
Thanks!

Do you think Blondes really have more fun?
I've never understood that phrase...more fun than what?
Well, I'm a redhead and my best friends are one blond and one brunette, and I think I have more fun than both of them. So, based on my unscientific sample, I'm gonna say no.

If you could sit next to anyone on an airplane, who would it be?
Mikhail Baryshnikov (I know he's getting older, but I've loved him since I was five.)

Who was the first person you kissed?
Jeff Abraham, in first grade. We were married, so it was OK.

Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Do principals count? If they do it would have to be my junior high school principal. I had a tough time adjusting to the move from rural IL to the Chicago area and he totally believed in me at a time I didn't believe in myself. He pushed me to do things that made me into who I am.

If you could live in any city in the world where would it be?
Chicago. I just love this city. But I'd like to visit all the other ones.

If you could instantly change one thing in the world, what would it be?
I'd end all discrimination of all kinds.

What is your favorite cereal?
Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins

Do you like Sports?
Not so much. DH is a huge sports fan, so I tollerate them.

Will you be getting a new kitty soon?
That'll depend on whether the right kitty comes into our life soon. DH says we absolutely aren't getting any more pets, but if the right needy kitty comes along I bet he'll cave.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?
I have really, really varied taste in music. I'd have to say rock or country, but I listen to everything.

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?
Not very many...maybe 20. I mostly listen to the radio.

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?
Hmmmm...I guess right now it's probably Keith Urban

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
I've always loved Edie Brickell

5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????
Yep

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???
No

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?
Yes, I've seen a bunch of people in concert. We're pretty lucky in that everyone comes through Chicago eventually.

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???
Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
I kind of flip around from station to station until I hear something I like.

9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...
If it's a singer I really like, then I like to have the whole CD with all the tracks that didn't make it on the radio.

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?…
No

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning Tari!...
...your daily headache is here!...

Originally Posted by Tari

7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
I LOVE Mexican food. I like pretty much any kind, but my absolute favorite was the Yucatan food that I had in Cancun. (We went to this restaurant: http://www.lahabichuela.com/.)
Talking about this topic, there are "LA HABICHUELA" in my city!...
and yes, as you well said is great place to eat, I seldom go to eat there because are many others great sites to eat in my city!...

SO there´s another good excuse to you came to visit us!..

SO back at the game....
...... how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?)
9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
…

Cheers my friend…

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO back at the game.......... how is your day today?
It's good...the weather's BEAUTIFUL today.

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
I don't think I really have one. I'm mostly into "chick flick" kind of things. I like romantic comedies or good dramas. I'm pretty much open to anything, though.

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?
Nope. We might have a half dozen or so. We sometimes rent movies, but I mostly like to go to the theater to see them on the big screen.

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
Tom Hanks

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
Merryl Streep

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
I saw Mikhail Baryshnikov dance with the White Oaks Dance Company a few times before he retired from dancing. It was AMAZING to see him in person.

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)
I have some artistic friends, so I've been to a few of their exhibits.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?
I do, but DH hates them so we don't usually watch it.

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?)
I was a professional actor for five years. So, yeah.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...
Hands down, it would be Mikhail Baryshnikov. I got the itch to get into performing when I was five because I saw him in The Nutcracker on TV. I've loved him ever since. He's what made me want to be a dancer, and when I couldn't dance anymore his career showed me how easily dancers can cross over into acting.

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
No...who wants to deal with all the paparazzi?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
It´s me again!...
...., how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
....I can see that someone had done their home work!...
..... let see for now
…REady for another set?....
...The topic of now is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice afternoon my friend!....

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
I've done two of the things you have on your list...parachuted and held a live snake.
Parachuting was probably the craziest.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
One live one and several dead ones.

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...
I think Benjamin Franklin. He was a brilliant inventor, scholor, and statesman, and he seems like he'd be fun to hang out with.

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
I'd stay in the general Chicago area, but move to a farm where I could save as many stray pets as possible, and train and employ disadvantaged people to help care for them.

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)
Intolerance of any kind. I wholly believe that EVERYONE of any creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, or ability level has something to contribute and deserves a chance to do it.

6.- Are you Religious?
I consider myself spiritual, but not religious. I believe in God and Christ, but not in organized religion. It's caused too much trouble over the years.

7.- Favourite Salad?
Chicken Chopped Salad

8.- favourite pop soda?
Diet Dr. Pepper

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise or Sunset and tell us why......
Sunset, because it happens later in the day. I'm not much of a morning person.

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....
A dark blue Nissan Sentra, which DH won in a raffle and gave to me. (Is he a great guy or what?
)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great answers my friend!....I figured you´re happy with your Sentra!...

Ready for a nocturnal set my friend?...
Now would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
12.- how many purses do you have?

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...
..Cheers chick!...