We are going ghost hunting tonight!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to go to an old Cemetary every halloween with our infa-red Generation III Night scope. There have been times we have felt very unwanted and have left in a hurry not to mention some strange unexplained happenings there. The vail is thin tonight.

Tonight we are going to be brave and go again. I don't know how long we will last and honestly I am getting spooked as I write this. The last so many times we have been out there I refuse to enter through the gates. This place is really creepy. With the night scope the darker the night the better it works!!!!

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck, and be safe. You'll have to let me know if you see anything! The only ghost-hunting I'm doing tonight is vicariously....I'm gonna watch Ghost Hunters Live later.

I've been tempted when I go visit my Mom to try to make contact with whatever it is that lives there. But having grown up in that house, with unseen things pulling my toes, there's still a part of me that doesn't quite want to.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My good friend is a ghost hunter. I think what he calls himself is a "paranormal investigator". He has some fascinating recordings. I never go with him, though. I'm more what you'd call a chicken, lol.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an excellent idea. When my brother was first starting to learn night photography, I went with him to an old cemetery just a mile or two away from here (preserved, despite suburban subdivisions all around it)... maybe after this evening's festivities with my nephew, Noel and I will go over there again and see if we can capture anything on camera!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! Sounds scary.

If anyone lives in California that reads this, I can tell you a spooky place to go in my area. Very scary and should be on one of those shows!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, how did it go????

I've always been fascinated with that kind of thing. A few people I work with are really into it and have all the high tech gear. I've been wanting to go with them, but the first time I actually see or feel something, I'd probably wet my pants!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was pretty scary out there. It was really dark so we didn't get reflections from the moon which is good. We sat out there for about 45 mins and got interupted by people who were spot lighting deer. Which messed with the night scope. As we were pulling out of the cemetery we saw 4 deer laying down by some tombstones. No ghosts encounters to report!

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Too bad you didn't find any ghosts. The closest I've ever come, when I was MUCH younger, we had some friends who lived in a then rural area, their property backed up to an old time cemetary. It was dark out and we were all playing. The boys were, of course, playing with bats and balls and chasing them. I thought it was cool to check out all the old tombstones. Don't remember any ghostly encounters, but probably because the boys were making so much noise.

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have ALWAYS wanted to go ghost hunting!!!! I like watching shows that take you to haunted places and ACTUALLY show you the thigs ghost do, not just TELL you what the ghosts have done.

I think one of the reasons I like haunted places is because the house I live in now, which is the house I have lived in since I was 6, has ghosts in it.

At night (we would only hear them at night. We never heard them durring the day) we would hear walking up and down the stairs and walking in our rooms right to our beds. They would look to see if we were alright and then walk back out to the next room. They would do this several times a night. It was comforting. It was like they were watching out for us. We were NEVER scared of them.

They also had their mistichif streak too. They would take things and hide them. Sometimes, when my grandma was in the hospital or in the nursing home because of her Alzheimers, they would get into bed with grandpa ( and toss and turn all night long. This prevented my grandpa from getting any sleep. So when he had enough he would tell them to leave his room AND THEY WOULD!!!!

One night they wanted to have some fun. My Grandpa had a blanket on the foot of his bed. He watched as they took the blanket off his bed and moved it to the chest of drawers.

When my grandma was at home she would always say "Tell thoes people to leave." There wasnt anyone but us around. Since she had Alzheimers, we thought that she was just seeing things. We think now that she was seeing the ghosts.

I miss the ghosts. We havent heard them since we adopted our cats a year and a half ago. I guess they figured Cali causes more than enough trouble in the house

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IBelongInTheZoo

I have ALWAYS wanted to go ghost hunting!!!! I like watching shows that take you to haunted places and ACTUALLY show you the thigs ghost do, not just TELL you what the ghosts have done.

I think one of the reasons I like haunted places is because the house I live in now, which is the house I have lived in since I was 6, has ghosts in it.

At night (we would only hear them at night. We never heard them durring the day) we would hear walking up and down the stairs and walking in our rooms right to our beds. They would look to see if we were alright and then walk back out to the next room. They would do this several times a night. It was comforting. It was like they were watching out for us. We were NEVER scared of them.
That's the way the house I grew up in was like. At night we would hear foot step in the attic, and sometimes in the hall on the second floor. Of course, during the day, there was too much noise and we were on the first floor most of the time so we didn't hear anything. My dad kept saying it was the house settling, but my mom (a devout Catholic) finally admitted to me that something was there. It was an old house, built in the mid 1800's. When my parents stripped the walls downstairs when I was a child, they found signatures from people dating back to 1879.

I know something was there, but whatever it was didn't bother me. The only place that I found uncomfortable was the stairway from the first floor to the second. If I couldn't turn on a light, I would get up those stairs as fast as I could. Even the day I sold the house (4 years ago, I was 35) that staircase still freaked me out. It just had bad vibes.