What kind of candy are you handing out tonight?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We've got Reeses's peanut butter cups, Hershey's bars, KitKats, Whoppers and Junior Mints.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make up treat bags. This year I've got pencils with Halloween erasers (got them for a penny each last year!), a candy bar, some candy cigarettes, Smarties, and a sucker in each sack.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, they still make candy smokes?!

We don't hand out candy. We live in what some might consider low income apartments and almost all of the kids are ungrateful brats and trouble makers. My parents pass out all the good stuff though... Butterfingers, 3 Musketeers, all the expensive candy!

I do have a cauldron of candy on my desk filled with assorted goodies and I just to our under appreciated security guards some candy too.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I've got reeses pb cups and pieces, Twizzlers and nibs, Oh Henry bars and sour patch kids...and if I'm lucky my DH won't have eaten it all by the time I get home from work.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a mixture of bulk candy to give out. Little suckers, tootsie rolls, jellies and such. I am also going to give out some of bags of doritos and cheetos that was in my box of chip bags for my lunches. I don't like those kind of chips.. LOL

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go the lazy route. I just get several bags of hard candies like pinwheels, butterscotch disks, jolly ranchers and what have you, and couple of big bowls, dump them in, and toss them like a big, primary colored salad.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not handing out any but David is
I am not home, I am in Fl

I bought Reese's cups, Baby Ruths, Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Tootsie Pops and Tootsie rolls, Milk Duds, many others I can't remember!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

We've got Reeses's peanut butter cups, Hershey's bars, KitKats, Whoppers and Junior Mints.
I have a mixed bag of the same, minus the junior mints I think. I only had ONE family come to my door last year so I bought only one bag of candy this year and made sure it was stuff that I like since I'll be the one to end up eating it

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I gotta remember everything we bought.
Our local grocery store had a big “Moonlight Madness†sale last night where all bags of candy were $1.47 with no limit, and we went a little crazy.
Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re going to be one of the “good houses†this year! I hope we get lots of kids – we have a TON of candy! We may have to freeze some (so if my Secret Santa gets Halloween Candy, you know why!) We have:

Reeseâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Peanut Butter Cups
Kit Kats
Almond Joy
Hersheyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Chocolate Bars
Whoppers
Caramel Twix
3 Musketeers
Crunch Bars
Double Bubble
Blow Pops
Red Vines

I think thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s all.
We have a HUGE bowl ready to go, and I think like 4-5 bags of extras to refill if necessary.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Kit Kats
Almond Joy
Whoppers
Caramel Twix
3 Musketeers
Crunch Bars
Double Bubble
Blow Pops
Red Vines

We have a HUGE bowl ready to go, and I think like 4-5 bags of extras to refill if necessary.
I'll be right over!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I gotta remember everything we bought.
Our local grocery store had a big “Moonlight Madness†sale last night where all bags of candy were $1.47 with no limit, and we went a little crazy.
Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re going to be one of the “good houses†this year! I hope we get lots of kids – we have a TON of candy! We may have to freeze some (so if my Secret Santa gets Halloween Candy, you know why!) We have:

Kit Kats
Almond Joy
Whoppers
Caramel Twix
3 Musketeers
Crunch Bars
Double Bubble
Blow Pops
Red Vines

"TRICK OR TREAT!!"

I don't expect anyone, but do have some Hershey minis.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I'll be right over!
That's what I was thinking!

I'll be handing out twizzlers & "cellar dweller" chocolate candies

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have a bunch of chocolate bars on hand if we do have any kids come but we havn't had any in several years so we cet stuff we like to eat in case nobody comes again it won't go to waste.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK - I made the BIG mistake of buying a bag of fun size Snickers bars. I came home last night from being out with friends and founds a bunch of wrappers in the garbage!

I fished them out and show them to my *DIABETIC* mother and she gave me a sheepish smile and said, "well, I guess I had a little binge, huh?!" Uh, yeah...

Also got one of those big mix bags with Hershey products, plus Twizzlers b/c I know my bf will eat them. Anything left over and I am going to call around to some of the churches or shelters here and see if they would like the leftovers for any unfortunate kids.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a bag of smartees, I've also got some sprees and other candy to pass out as well. My sister Kimmy is supposed to bring 2 huge bags of candy with her to my house tonight for us to pass out....so pretty much whatever she brings, since I'm doing dinner

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My candy is for ME!
I live in a rural area in the country - no treat or treaters, got egged last year until I let the dogs out. (on leashes)

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My downstairs neighbor is in charge of the candy. She mentioned getting Skittles to give out to the kids and chocolate for us.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't going to be home during the majority of trick or treat time. Living in a rural area we haven't had trick or treaters for years so I didn't buy any candy.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 6-5lb bags of candy for tonight! We didn't think we'd even be home for it since I had to be at the doctors yesterday. But It turns out we didn't have to stay the night like we thought we would. SO I get to pass out candy tonight!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A "BIG" year for us is three or four visits totalling a dozen kids. But, if they come, I like to have something for them, so I get a small amount of stuff that we won't mind eating up: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Sun Maid Raisins. I wonder how many we'll get this year. It's rainy miserable today, too, so...
Hmmm...better get going on "Jack" soon, too!