Question of the Day - October 31st - Friday

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Halloween!

Have you ever bought a costume for your cats? Whether it be for Halloween or Christmas.

I have a spider, witches, Frankenstein and Santa hats. No one will wear any of it long enough to snap a few pictures. The spider and the Frankenstein hats are now dog toys.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley has a devil hat and a santa hat but he doesn't like wearing them either
Xander's head doesn't fit in them too well. I think I would need to get a small dog size for him!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

No, but I bought reindeer antlers one year for the dogs and put them on the cats! They were not thrilled
I bought those too one year...I almost lost an eye

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have antlers and a stocking cap for Maggs and Jazz, they hate them but I keep trying every year

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never a costume, but I have bought them "props" to sit beside on the window sills. It doesn't work so well for Halloween though. Right now, Hobo has the foam skull off the window sill and is playing something that looks similar to bowling with it

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the look of death Sibohan gives me when I try to put antlers on the dog for pictures I would be taking my life in my hands if I tried to do it to her.

I'm not that brave!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. I thought about it once for a few seconds, looked at my cats and started laughing. I think dressing Freya up would be about as safe as testing a flamethrower in a dynamite factory.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I actually have devil horns, and reindeer antlers for them. However Sassy is the only one who will keep them on for more then a couple of seconds. Pixie tries to eat them and Linus just gives me that " Don't you even think about it" look.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I've ever bought to put on Evie are collars and a harness! She does well with those, but never wanted to dress her. I have done costumes for my dog, but I only dress her up when I take her out to show off. Since I don't take Evie out, I don't dress her up! Poor Evie...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kojak has a bowtie he'll be wearing tonight and Velvet has a blue elephant outfit
Isabella is a princess already, so she doesn't need an outfit....I do however need my hands intact

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Happy Halloween!

Have you ever bought a costume for your cats? Whether it be for Halloween or Christmas.
UUUUUUUUMmmmmmmmmmmm...I value my life too much!

ETA: Not to mention, I'm forever telling Cindy how I envy her her lovely coat and if I had one like hers I wouldn't need to worry about what to wear, because I'd always be perfectly dressed for any occasion -- so it would be kinda hypocritical to dress them up, I think.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls have a red and green jingle bell collar. Maggie, of course, is terrified of it. I put it on her, and the bells jingled....she nearly turned herself inside-out, trying to get away from it. I laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants!!!
Cleo has a Christmas hat. Oh boy, the look she gave me when I put it on her...priceless!!!