Terry Goodkind 'Legend of the Seeker'

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the 1st book of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series is going to be a 20 part weekly mini-series starting this saturday called 'Legend of the Seeker'. from what i saw of the 30 min preview show last saturday it looks like they did a pretty good job of it

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg I had no idea they were doing this! I love those books! Must go find the show details now so I can watch it!

ETA - I can't seem to find out what day/time its on here

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

omg I had no idea they were doing this! I love those books! Must go find the show details now so I can watch it!

ETA - I can't seem to find out what day/time its on here
http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/

They have a channel guide as well, top right corner of the homepage.

I think Zedd looks a bit young and a bit large, Richard a bit smaller than I had in my mind.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I think Zedd looks a bit young and a bit large, Richard a bit smaller than I had in my mind.
I tried that but when I put my zip code in, it comes up with a Norfolk time and channel and we don't get those because I'm in Richmond!
I will do a search on my cable when I get home today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

i agree, and Darken Rahl has dark hair.
i met Terry Goodkind once at a book signing. he is such a nice person, very patient. he let us take pictures with him and putdifferent quotes in each books. he made you feel like you've known him all your life

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

It's tonight!!!

I want to see how they do Gratch, and Shota.
and i'm curious about Samuel

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say I was disappointed. Some of the actor choices were ok (Richard was decent, Kahlan was ok) but the choices for Zedd and Darken Rahl were just awful. Zedd shouldn't be so scary looking and Darken Rahl wasn't and should have been!

I also realize they often change bits of the story to suit the screen, but it seems like so far they have changed everything! Nothing is happening the way it should really and some of the changes make it obvious that they will change much more in the end to make it suit the "new" story.

And Kahlan really should have had some hair extensions
Come on, that was an important detail!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the first 2 episodes last weekend and liked them so much I went and bought the first book "Wizard's First Rule". I loved the book! But now I am very disappointed in the television series
The 3rd episode was terrible!

The reviews for the second book sound good but the reviews for the later books sound not so good. Many say just read the first book. Is the whole series worth reading?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^..Uh, I'm 2 or 3 books behind if that answers the question. The series starts to drag, most do when they get that long. It mostly has to do with everything getting bigger and bigger(or in this case, powerful), and more characters added as a story goes.

If you can find them, some of the books are sold in bundles with 3 or 4 of the books together. These are cheaper than buying them separate unless you can find a sale. But by all means, keep reading! I didn't think it started to drag until Naked Empire. And one more warning, the series gets darker (thinking about the rat under the bucket bit...
) as it goes, this isn't unusual - those who've read Jordan's Wheel of Time series know what I mean.

Do you normally read fantasy or only when it's been made into a movie/show (as many have with Tolkien)?

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I have to say I was disappointed. Some of the actor choices were ok (Richard was decent, Kahlan was ok) but the choices for Zedd and Darken Rahl were just awful. Zedd shouldn't be so scary looking and Darken Rahl wasn't and should have been!

I also realize they often change bits of the story to suit the screen, but it seems like so far they have changed everything! Nothing is happening the way it should really and some of the changes make it obvious that they will change much more in the end to make it suit the "new" story.

And Kahlan really should have had some hair extensions
Come on, that was an important detail!
i agree with you, richard is ok but the rest are not, especially Darken Rahl

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read the whole series of books, but the earlier ones are better. The last few were good too, but there are some in the middle that become a bit slow.

I missed the new episode this weekend, but I'm not sure I care. I was really disappointed in the first ones.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have to say I was disappointed. Some of the actor choices were ok (Richard was decent, Kahlan was ok) but the choices for Zedd and Darken Rahl were just awful. Zedd shouldn't be so scary looking and Darken Rahl wasn't and should have been
Actually, Darken Ral wasn't scary, remember he was so beautiful it made everyone who saw him worship him??? He was just evil, not scary looking.

I think the Da Harans are too dark haired, but then again they do have to resemble Richard and Darken Rahl.

Originally Posted by kitytize

The reviews for the second book sound good but the reviews for the later books sound not so good. Many say just read the first book. Is the whole series worth reading?
yes you have to read the whole series to get the proper ending. Even when you think its getting a bit long, there are details that you'll need to know when you get to the end.

The third episode was not as good as the first couple. The scenery, the action scenes - good. But the extra characters seem pretty lame. Next week's episode is "Brennidon", set in Richard's hometown.